Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 12-13-2000, 06:52 PM   #1
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Reorganizes Activities

Their ZRX1100 dominated the muscle-bike market for a couple years, and their Vulcans are the most powerful HD-styled cruisers on the road, per cc. Now all they need is a V-twin roadster...
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2000, 06:55 PM   #2
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Reorganizes Activities

And how could I forget their EX500, which fills a niche that no one else really does. And sells like mad, despite its need for an aesthetic revision.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 03:31 PM   #3
oldjapbikes
Founding Member

Default '92 ZX-6 needs steering damper

I just recently got a 92 ZX-6.. wonderful bike except it's dead below 5 grand (my old Seca II had a lot of grunt right off idle), and i've already experienced two major tankslappers in 250 miles.. but maybe that's cuz I locked up the front wheel once and it has this strange habit of lifting the front wheel every time I floor it...
oldjapbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 12:24 PM   #4
fwalters
Founding Member

Default I agree, Kawasaki sportbikes fit the real world

I am the owner of a 2000 Honda VFR which has won the respect and awards of many journalists, and it is a fine machine, however.............

I also own a ZX12R, and my friends ride ZX9R's. In the real world you can add a pipe to the 9r and adjust he suspension enough to spank 929's, Yamaha 1000's and Gixxer 750's all day long. As the proud owner of a 2000 zx12r I can tell you that the 12 is an awesome machine, and at 280 lbs in leather, boots and such the 12 is my first machine of choice when attacking the road now. With raw power on a decent handling I can get the mirror view of those 150 lb juveniles every time!

PS, I am over 40 and don't live in LA either. Funny, but some of us that don't fit the ideal sportrider profile prefer Kawi's. Gotta go now, getting ready to pass another skinny ass bike journalist..........
fwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 08:49 PM   #5
ZR-7Desert
Founding Member

Default ZR-7 Zephyr engine..... (GPz)

A little story about this particular engine....

Yes it is a old engine design (all the way back to 1973 in its earliest form), but it is a engine that is proven, reliable, and easy to maintain (I do a lot of my own mainteance on this engine, saves some moohlah)

but you have to Understand the role the ZR-7 plays. It is NOT a Power monster, or a racerocket. It is a motorcycle that is civil enough around town, but yet, still have fun on the twisties. It wont out corner, out wheelie, or outrun a lot of motorcycles, but is a bike you can have fun on wherever you go.

And the engine.... well if you remember the GPz750A1's had a turbocharger on them. A little adjustment here and there and it is not hard to do the same to the ZR-7 engine.

Have fun and Rubber down guys!!

ZR-7Desert

ZR7OA #63
ZR-7Desert is offline   Reply With Quote