Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 02-11-2003, 05:27 PM   #1
cosmo6244
Founding Member

Default Re: ZX-10R Photos

Kawasaki seems to be in sort of an awkward phase for their latest bikes. Maybe they're going for an "in your face" approach with current designs, but they lack some of the stylistic refinement of the other manufacturers IMHO. Still, hardly noticeable in lieu of the variety being thrown at us lately. For a preproduction computer sketch I give it a 7.5
cosmo6244 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2003, 05:32 PM   #2
tkarp
Founding Member

Sounds like quite a force, but did they have to make it look like a Jet Ski?
tkarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:51 PM   #3
MoeMoe
Founding Member

well to me it looks like a cross between the Aprillia Futura, and The Honda MOTO GP bike, and the Ducati 996........but the sky changes colors in my world also!

Adam
MoeMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:04 PM   #4
rider_md
Founding Member

read carefully MOrons

caption: "A computer generated image of what the new ZX-10R is expected to look like"

I will admit, MCN has been pretty close w/ a lot of their sketches and expectations, but others... hmm... not very close at all.

Those aren't official ZX-10 shots, only EXPECATIONS....
rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
wfowade
Founding Member

Default Oragami ZX 10

At this point, I now own two Kawasaki's. Over my motorcycle career, I have owned another four. So I don't have any disrespect for Kawasaki. I like 'em very much in fact. But I don't like the lines of this bike at all.

A previous post compared the (potential) ZX 10 to the new 999 Duc and the Futura. I will also include KTM's V-twin. I don't like the current design trend very much. The hard edge look reminds me of Chrysler K cars from the 80's. Ick. Check out the current automotive trend and you will see things going in pretty much the opposite direction these bikes are taking.

So is my money. I'll just get the R1.
wfowade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 07:36 PM   #6
Gabe
Registered Member

Default MR. ALLCAPS WEIGHS IN

KAWASAKIS TOTALLY SUCK BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT FAST ENOUGH. WHEN I HAD A BODY AND I WASN'T A DISEMBODIED BRAIN FLOATING IN A TANK OF NUTRIENT FLUID AT THE MAYO CLINIC I HAD A GSXR1000 FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS BEFORE I HIT THAT GRAVEL TRUCK. ANYWAY I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE A GSXR1000 BECAUSE MY COUSIN HAD A GSXR1000 AND HIS FREINF RAUL HAD ONE TOO AND IF I HAD SHOWED UP ON A BIKE THAT WASN'T AS COOL AS THEIRS THEY WOULD HAVE LAFFED AT ME AND PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE TALKED TO ME WHEN WE WENT ON RIDES DOWNTOWN WITH OUR FLIP-FLOPS AND TANKTOPS AND WEARING OUR HELMETS PERCHED HALFWAY ON OUR HEADS SO THE GIRLS COULD SEE OUR FACES AND STUFF.

NOBODY I KNEW HAD KAWIS BECAUSE THE KAWI ZX-9'S ARE TOTALLY OLD SCHOOL LIKE 1998 AND EVERYTHING SUCKED BACK THEN. THERE WAS NO HAYABUSA ND YOU COULD ONLY GO 186 MPH TOPS.

ANYWAY I FEEL PRETTY TIRED BECAUSE THE CLEANING LADY WAS IN HERE AND ACCIDENTALY SPILLED A HALF BOTTLE OF "MR. CLEAN" INTO MY TANK. I SURE WISH THEY WOULD BE MORE CAREFUL AROUND HERE! MY TANK IS IN THE EMPLOYEE BREAKROOM AND SOMETIMES PEOPLE BUMP INTO IT OR SPILL HOT COFFEE AND ONE TIME THIS GUY PUT OUT HIS CIGAR ON MY TEMPORAL LOBE SO I'M NOT TOO SURE WHAT TIME IT IS.

ANYWAY, THE MR. CLEAN IS KICKING IN AND THAT MEANS I START SPEAKING IN GIBBERIFLOKIRABLIM FGRAKIGHABJOK SPIBBLE FLEAMGLOIK HOTIRMFIN.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 07:49 PM   #7
red916
Founding Member

It's a computer generated image......relax, everybody.......jeez..........
red916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:33 PM   #8
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Oragami ZX 10

Have to agree with you on the hard edge thing. I like the smoother edge designs. Of the latest 600s I prefer the Honda and Yamaha over the ZX-6R. The R1 is elegant to me. Good choice.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 12:36 AM   #9
Betamax
Founding Member

Default I will NOT relax!

I'm going to get all bent out of shape over a freaking mock-up photo and no one can stop me!

Not you, and not that other guy, either.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 12:38 AM   #10
badsac
Founding Member

Default Re: Oragami ZX 10

Is it possible to get a smoother edged bike than the ZX-6R (okay a ZZR-11 might be)?

Honda looks like they threw some bits in a box and that's what they came out with. Get all the sh1t off it and poke on the race gear and they look mighty fine though.

For what it's worth, with a less heavy looking 6R like tail unit, that thing would look sweet.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote