Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 02-12-2003, 07:44 AM   #21
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: ZX-10R Photos

Don't see what everybody is complaining about.......Kawasaki hasn't made a cutting-edge streetbike since the 1994 ZX-7. Finally, with the new ZX6R and this ZX-10, I can consider a Kawasaki purchase.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2003, 08:06 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Not sure what you mean here. If the engine oil was overfilled, I think it would puke out the filler pipe and get that side oily, unless it traveled across when parked, but that is easy to spot. Doubtful it would do any damage other than make a big mess. That would be on the right side of the bike. If the primary was overfilled, it MAY leak out the inspection cover or primary gasket, but not likely. Another heads up which may be the cause. If the trans was overfilled it will puke out the breather tube that is curled next to the inner primary. The only way to see the tube is to look from the right side and you can see where the breather comes out of the trans, and they stuff the tube in a little curl along the inner primary. If the inner primary looks wet around this tube you may have found the problem, as the trans oil can run down and simulate a primary leak. Overfilling the trans is not a problem, as the excess ends up leaking down the inner primary. Best bet is wipe it all clean and ride a few miles and try to catch the leak before it travels. I'm sure I could find it fast if I could see your bike.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:13 AM   #23
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I certainly don't wish it away. I can think of no bike that's as fun as a V-Max when flogged hard over a winding road. Well maybe "entertaining" is a better word than "fun" but you get the picture. WHOOO HOOOOO!!!! IS THE TIRE SPINNING!.. nope it's just the frame flexing. 70MPH freeway burnout/wheelies are a healthy part of this daily diet.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:31 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well then you'll just have to ride to San Diego to take a look. Just dont' do it today. We're doing our best Seattle impersonation right now with the non-stop rain. It's pretty funny here when it rains. It actually leads the local news. The TV stations have a reporter do a live shot commenting on how "water is falling from the sky!" WOW!

I'll let the dealer find the leak for me. I've got about 100 more miles to hit 500 and then I can pop on the aircleaner, slip ons and remap.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #25
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

No, I meant I wish the rumor would go away. The V-max is an awesome bike, ( I had one for a little while), but even I get tired of seeing the same rumor year after year.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:53 AM   #26
KPaulCook
Banned

All this talk about leaks makes me want to go to the bathroom.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 10:04 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Don't forget to put some newspaper down first.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 10:13 AM   #28
rsheidler
Founding Member

No problem, just stop reading MotorcycleDaily

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 12:20 PM   #29
RubberPants
Registered Member

Hey I love this thing! I want 3 of them now! After a long wait I think it will be worth it. Kawasaki seems adament about rekindling their Rebel ways which is why I love this company sooo so much! they are like a praying mantis.....they wait.... wait..... then POUNCE !!!!(in pure green) I'm sure this thing will kick ass to the point of no return!!!!!!! I've already pre ordered my Ackropovic,Power Commander, Marvics, etc!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #30
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: MR. ALLCAPS WEIGHS IN

LOL

Once again, a MOridian posts writing better than any print mag.

BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote