Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Introduce yourself!

Old 08-30-2016, 03:10 AM   #1
mfm6
Registered Member

Default Need quiet motorcycle!

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum. Currently riding a 2013 KTM 690 Duke; most fun bike ever. However, moving into a co-op apartment and found out motorcycles are not allowed. The issue is perceived noise of bikes entering/leaving the garage entrance disturbing residents with proximal balconies. I love my bike, and don't consider it extraordinarily loud, but would consider switching to a quieter bike (not electric!) if I thought I could demonstrate it was not going to be a disturbance. I'm assuming the board of directors at the co-op will be reasonable (!). I suppose if there was super quiet after-market muffler, that might help. I think I may only have one serious shot at convincing the powers that be to give me a pass on the rule. Any suggestions welcome!
mfm6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

You are likely fighting a losing battle......unless you can afford to pay a big law firm a lot of money.

This problem was caused by people making illegal modifications to their exhaust. If your bike has a modified exhaust, shame on you. If not, it's sad that you are caught up in this but the co-op can make whatever rules it wants pretty much.

Alas a total ban is about the only practical way to keep from having constant and continuous legal fights about what is too loud and what isn't.