Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Indian News

Old 11-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: A Look At Who is Behind the 'New' Indian.

There's that swanky new E-H plant sitting there in Minnesota gathering dust Why don't they use that, it's all set up for cranking out rolling turds already. Just paint the name on the side of the tank and give everyone new coveralls....

save 'em a fortune.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2006, 05:47 AM   #12
Neal
Founding Member

LOL...cant argue with that unbiased ,well thought out cogent argument.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:47 AM   #13
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: A crook who is behind the 'New' Indian.

NASCAR makes perfect sense. Push rods is push rods!
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:51 AM   #14
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

First thought: Oh, not again....

Second: Harvard MBAs. Okay, not your first pick for two guys to run a bike company. (Wingtips aren't normal bike wear.) Then again, maybe they've got a bit more of a grip on things than, say, the Hanlon bros.

Third: Well, if they did good with Chris-Craft, then maybe this has potential. Do the lessons transfer from boat to bike? Can they make this all relevant?

Fourth: Do they need an advisor? I can send a resume.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:59 AM   #15
priday
Founding Member

Default Anybody for another glass.......

Anybody for another glass.......

..... of HaterAid??? C'mon guys! All this Negativity! We have an chance that they are going to come outwith some truly unique stuff. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but it's never a bad thing when you have another company stepping in to the fray, ESPECIALLY when they will NEED to diferentiate themselves significantly in order to succeed.

I think a small displacement I-4 straight mounted (Not that I'm Homophobic......) engine on a cafe-racer style would be a realy cool model. Look what Triumph and Ducati have tapped into with the Retro thing....

Might be cool!

Rob

(aka: The Ray of F***ing Sunshine)

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #16
mikenomad
Founding Member

Default Re: THE BEST INDIAN EVER MADE

The best Indian ever made was the Kawasaki Drifter (1500 or 800, take your pick).

It looked even better than the originals that came from the Wigwam in Springfield, and it was definitely better in performance, ease of maintenance, and reliability than the originals (and also better than any of the latter-day clone bikes).

The Kawasaki Drifters were never hot sellers, so you can probably pick up one for a very reasonable price. The Vulcan 1500 engine is good for 100,000+ miles, so you could keep a Drifter long enough for it to be a classic in its own right.

If you're in love with the authentic 1940s look, the first year or two of the Drifter 1500 is the choice. It came with matte silver engine and powder-coated black forks and other bits that today would be chromed, and it was painted an authentic maroon. Subsequent years saw the black bits replaced with chrome, and brighter colors were offered. You might also find a maroon and black first-year model that has been painted a brighter color.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:32 AM   #17
Fenton
Founding Member

I was hoping the last run would have worked for Indian. I'm not into the big sweeping fenders but I like the name and the industry offering choices.

I thing the last version of the Scout was as cool as the entire dyna series.

Do we have to call them "Native American Cycles" or is it the "I Word" now?
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:33 AM   #18
acecycleins
Founding Member

Stellican is an Investment capital company just like the Texas investors that revived Ducati. Just because they are all business doesn't mean they are souless. These guys will find the best people to do the job and bring the brand back to life.

I was one of the original people talking to Dave Wright (before he departed) about the comeback. They are talking to everyone to make sure that the same mistakes are not repeated. They will have updated designs of the bike but the motor-trans set up is going to start with the S&S designed power 100 motor that only made it one year on production. THey are also interested in bringing back the inline 4 (the last time I checked). If they build in small number the first few years and actually put money into R&D it's possible they may get it right. Unlike the previous owners who were complete dumbasses.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:33 AM   #19
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

WWF has a season?
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:37 AM   #20
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I think E-H's creditors auctioned off all the stuff.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote