Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Indian News

Old 09-22-2006, 04:32 AM   #1
dmoon64
Registered Member

Default Re: Indian Injects More Cash Into Business.

I like the new Chris-Craft, but can't they just let Indian go. Harley has new bikes on the sales floor, with 06's being discounted. I'd hate to be trying to introduce a new line now.
dmoon64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2006, 05:19 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

I don't know what happened to Dave Wright (actually have had the pleasure to talk on many occations) but I hope that he passed along all the ideas I had on the re-launch. I wish Indian the best but if I'm right (and I usually am on these things) they will blow the whole deal up again because they won't actually use "new" ideas for the re-launch. Expect the Power 100 motor and all the old crap they did before to last at least 2 years before Indian snaps into reality and executes new designes. Same old tired ideas. Wish they'd listen to me on this one. I told Rey (CMC's old owner) the same thing in 1998 when he sold to the Canadian's who brought back Indian the last time. Too bad industry people can't communicate with the great unwashed.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:29 AM   #3
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

I'd like to see Indian resurrect the inline 4 which they made for a few years after they bought out the Henderson Motorcycle company in 1927. We certainly don't need another V-Twin motorcycle manufacturer. Triumph makes something like it with the Rocket III but that thing is an abomination. The Indian 4 didn't have skirted fenders either. Beautiful machine. It would have to have shocks though, the originals were hardtails.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:36 AM   #4
bluesman_ip
Founding Member

Or they can at least try to repeat what Burt Munro did to engine at scale of 1000 cc. Or what John Britten created. I do not believe that nobody needs another 165 bhp 1000cc twin and then they can built any bike around it
bluesman_ip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:22 AM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

If you've never ridden the Rocket go to a dealer and test it. It's ugly but the thing pulls like a train and moves from side to side like a bike half its weight. My cousin owns a FJR and one weekend I took a RIII home from the shop and we hit the NW GA hills. He NEVER walked away from me. He's no squid, either. He's an ex-pro racer with skills and the person who taught me my skills. The RIII held its own the whole afternoon. Sorry that people can't get over the "car" motor in it. But they are fun.

I do agree that Indian must be different to succeed. The "four" is a wonderful idea. But in order to meet EPA and Euro III regs they'd have no choice but to water-cool it.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:22 AM   #6
SmokeU
Registered Member

I demoed a Scout a few years ago. It was the WORST motorcycle I've ever ridden.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:28 AM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

You can thank no one for that idea. They were junk.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:31 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I don't have any problem with how it works. The problem is when you get off it, you have to look at it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:46 AM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ha ha ha
Old 09-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #10
SmokeU
Registered Member

Indeed. I thought it was going to fall apart before I made it back to the start point.