Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Indian News

Old 01-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #21
tomk2
Founding Member

Default Re: Indian Looking for Dealers, Closer to Locating Production Facility.

I'm not sure I'd recognize one if it went by... to me all overweight underpowered poor handling ugly "OB-Gyn seating postiion" bikes are "Harleys"
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2006, 05:23 PM   #22
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Maybe their first model should be called the "Phoenix" after all the times they've risen from the ashes. It's my understanding from a Dealer mechanic/ Salesman that the Powerplus engine was a dud. apparently the crankshaft bearings would go south at about 9000 miles, necessating a veeery expensive overhaul. any truth to this ? surely with 30000 "new" Indian owners out there, someone must know if this is true or not. I wish the new company luck, they will need it.
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #23
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Yes, and all "ass in the air", racer helmet clowns doing wheelies down I-95 with their faux leopard fur covered bikes are on gixxers...

The stereotypes go both ways.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #24
jstern02
Founding Member

Maybe those dealers who are lining up to sell Indians should also sign up to sell that V12 Norton Comando that some huckster was talking up a few years ago.
jstern02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:39 AM   #25
Lastwatch
Founding Member

A couple of guys I drink with at the lounge and the guy who runs the liqour store I go to all own '03's with the PowerPlus and haven't seen that trouble, in fact, they're pretty happy with them. The one at the liqour store has crossed the country twice on his as well as commutes 2-3 days a week and has about 30k miles on it and told me (and he's very credible) he's never done more than oil and a few carb adjustments. I do know lots of people felt the frames and components were cheap on the Scout and Spirit, and flexed heavily during hard riding, but to be honest those Chiefs are so heavy the ride is pretty solid.
Lastwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:23 AM   #26
Fenton
Founding Member

"the firm has narrowed potential sites for the firm's motorcycles"

What was the question; What did you do at lunch?

If you don't already know what areas of the country are the most "friendly" to manufacturing your product, you may already be in trouble.

I'll be a dealer. Send me $250k upfront for the firtst 18 months. I need a building, staff and bikes. We can be a success together.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:51 AM   #27
teapotdome
Registered Member

Let it be, Indian. Based on H-D's latest sales trends, the Baby Boomers have all bought their playtoys. V-Twin cruiser-only manufacturers are going to find that their target buyers are dying off like Oldsmobile owners.

The fact that no one in the last fifty years has built an Indian that even the Lone Ranger could like doesn't bode well.

Move on, Indian -- and godspeed...
teapotdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:51 AM   #28
teknoman
Registered Member

Sad isn,t it?I had an Indian calender last year of their bikes,with female modelsand it was a mighty fine calender ,even though the bikes were not my cup of tea. ,the originals did look nice.I am torn about this ,as one of my co -workers has one.DId not see anthing special about it.What concerns me is that we get ripped off so much in this country for fake promises, inferior goods,et al I have to believe ,and call me cynical,that this is another pie in the sky thingie.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:04 AM   #29
acecycleins
Founding Member

Well said, well spoken..... The "local" Victory dealer is the nations #1 M/C dealer in North America. I insure about 100 a year and that's from one company. I average about 200 a year out of a local HD shop. Figure that's not a bad percentage for me. Victory bikes put more power to the ground than any stock HD and they have a chasis that works fairly well too boot.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:11 AM   #30
bigdx
Founding Member

Lol, you forget to mention the leathers that would not be out of place at a gay pride parade the ass-in-air riders seem to be so fond of.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote