Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Indian News

Old 01-22-2004, 11:27 AM   #61
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Excellent Post

VAN SUSTEREN: Are you suggesting that the Republican Party is now the big spenders?

MCCAIN: Yes. I am suggesting that the party that -- in the 1994 campaign, on the "Contract With America," one of the first items was a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution. I say all that has disappeared, and I deeply regret it.

Senator McCain slams Bush gives him poor grades for economy, budget
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #62
seruzawa
The Toad

Actually the "best brakes" are ABS. We don't see those on the vaunted race replica sportbikes yet, do we?

The best brakes in the world are wasted on people who have no judgement.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:44 AM   #63
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Halt - Internet Police!

Warning! Your post does not meet minimum requirments of profundity. Next time you will be cited!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:45 AM   #64
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Halt - Internet Police!

Warning! Your post does not meet minimum requirments of profundity. Next time you will be cited!
Old 01-22-2004, 12:27 PM   #65
rock06r
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride smart... live longer.

Passing sportbikes on your Harley?? Did you mistake some scooter for a sportbike again? Or maybe that new Kawasaki Ninja 250 with the full fairing?? Quit playing Nintendo and talkin' about it like it really happens. The Road King isn't even geared for the kind of speeds even "entry" level sport bikes can achieve.
rock06r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:32 PM   #66
rock06r
Founding Member

Default Re: Indian plant auction this week

I would, except apparently I'm not old enough!! They keep asking me for ID?!?!?
Old 01-22-2004, 02:22 PM   #67
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Halt - Internet Police!

DIRTY COPPAH, YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

(sound of FN-FAL being locked and loaded)
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:17 AM   #68
pplassm
Founding Member

Really? I honestly don't know how you missed them. I had a dealer right across the street from my workplace for the past couple of years. He just recently closed, but I know he sold a couple of dozen cloned Indians (bike #2 from my previous post). Again, my neighbor has one, manufacture date of April 2002.

And here's a link to a shop that's still selling them:

http://www.rampindian.com/

Old 01-26-2004, 01:26 PM   #69
rock06r
Founding Member

Not true. I saw a live demo about a year ago where they compared (albeit a car system) breaking with ABS and breaking without ABS. Everyone thinks ABS allows you to brake harder, but this is simply not true. ABS only allows you to control the direction the car goes while braking, if you choose to change direction in the last second.

Think about it - the brakes are pulsing a few times a second, which means at some part of the maneuver you are not braking. In the demo, they showed a well-trained driver brake about 40% quicker (i.e. traveled less distance to stop) than when he had ABS.

It's worth going to a track school, both for bikes and for cars. Especially when you consider how many knuckleheads get licenses these days.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:00 PM   #70
rock06r
Founding Member

I don't know about all of europe, but I do know about Germany. Pretty much the only way they (Harleys) make it onto the German streets from what friends and family there have told me is if they are disassembled, boxed up, shipped there, and reassembled. Then they fall under some kind of "kit" class. I think they don't meet Euro 2000 standards or something along those lines, plus the Germans are very strict on what get onto the road and what doesnt. Their inspections are killer compared to here.