Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Honda

Old 06-21-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default What's Up With Honda

Anyone else want to see new models from Honda? I have owned several, and I just look at their lineup today as conservative and boring. They used to be cutting edge back in the 60's and 70's with models like the CB 750, CBX, GoldWing, Interceptor, etc. What new model would you guys like to see from Honda? New VFR? A V-5 superbike? A new Super Standard?
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Anyone else want to see new models from Honda? I have owned several, and I just look at their lineup today as conservative and boring. They used to be cutting edge back in the 60's and 70's with models like the CB 750, CBX, GoldWing, Interceptor, etc. What new model would you guys like to see from Honda? New VFR? A V-5 superbike? A new Super Standard?
How can you possibly consider the company that gave us the mighty 919 conservative and boring?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

I want to see the Honda CB-Somnolent. It'd be a bike that costs hundreds more than the competition, performs the same and is produced after another company proves the basic idea.

Oh wait, Honda already makes a bunch of those. It's called their "2007 Model Lineup".
Old 06-21-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Methinks since the mighty big red has branched off into making everything under the sun, cars, lawnmowers, generators, lawn chairs, hats & gas grills, maybe they've lost the drive to wow the masses with leading edge new bikes, like the '73 CR250, the VFR, cb 750, etc.

Now I think they're just content to make reasonably compitent machinery that sells good. Kind of like GM before the panic. I wating for a Honda house, and a Honda lawn btw.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah, Honda is huge. That's true. However Kawasaki is no piker either and is nearly as big as Honda when you add all it's subsidiaries together. Suzuki is not so big but is still a 20 billion per year company which is hardly chickenfeed. So if Kawasaki and Suzuki can manage new interesting models so can Honda.

Of interest is also the comparatively tiny Yamaha. Though Yammer is the second biggest motorcycle company it's total size when all divisions are added up is smaller than Suzuki.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
torrnado
Founding Member

i'm waiting for my new hondajet! :-/
torrnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Can you imagine the Reliability of the Honda House and Honda Lawn? The house would sit upon its foundation more solidly than any other manufacturer's, and the Lawn would grow at an incredibly consistent rate.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

But what would a Honda house sound like? And would the lawn be red?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

The lawn would have to be Red because Honda wouldn't want people to think you bought a Kawasaki Lawn. Plus, a red lawn would be easier to keep the kids off of.
The House wouldn't sound like anything...until the VTECH kicks in.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote