Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Honda

Old 06-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #11
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Urban Modelz

Why the answer is is as plain as the nose on your face ! Honda needs a Street-Biter or a Mo-Turd, just like everybody else is coming out with. Our streets will be thick with wheelie stuntaz and the smell of burnt rubber will fill the air.
naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
pricelister
Registered Member

What is new and interesting at Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha? Do you really find the Honda CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, Goldwing, Motocrossers,and ATV's boring? Speed sensitive electronic steering dampeners, usable power, airbags and navigation systems, power steering and electric shifting. Those are class-leading and sell quite well. Something really different from everybody else? VFR...nobody buys it. 919...nobody buys it. Valkyrie...nobody buys it. Rune...nobody buys it. How do you blame them? The other companies have the same issues. That being said, Honda really needs to update their scooters from the 80's. A Yamaha store is a little more interesting to go into, but they're engineering isn't quite as good. There are all kinds of cool bikes from Honda and everybody else in Europe and Japan. Now all we need is some customer demand and we'll all have a better selection.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #13
pricelister
Registered Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricelister View Post
There are all kinds of cool bikes from Honda and everybody else in Europe and Japan. Now all we need is some customer demand and we'll all have a better selection.

I personally love naked bikes and supermotards. We just need a few more us!!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"What is new and interesting at Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha?"

What is interesting is that every model of motorcycle they come out with is better and cheaper than a Honda. Honda is a supposed class leader. Well, they are currently getting their collective asses kicked in every form of racing, as well as coming out with 'new' models that aren't cutting edge in any way. Sorry, but electronic gadgetry isn't impressive. New and bold designs are impressive. In my book they haven't led the way since the 80's. Don't even get me started on the 'new' Goldwing.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
Mike_L
Registered Member

How about making a sport-tourer that weighs less than 600lbs and makes more than 90rwhp? VFR1000F perhaps? How about a naked/half-faired standard that isn't completely neutered? How about a 1200cc v-twin to go after WSBK?
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #16
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I'm assuming they actually had a design or two in the works. Cutting edge, radical stuff. Sort of like their bikes used to be.
96 VFR owner.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #17
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Hey, what happened? Other than forgetting to put in "you already know" after "I'm assuming", my 'quick reply' ended up after a comment that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Makes me (and, soon, others) like even dumber than we really are.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #18
Leopold
Registered Member

Talking

I would kind of like to see a v4 1000 which is going to happen next year according to the rumour-mill.Also:Why didn't they up the VFR to 1200 when doing away with most of it sporting pedigre?I would also like to see a race-replica of it's v5 in an out-of-this-world pricetag.Something to dream about

Seriously:What happened to the 80's exciting mid-range from honda?I for one would like to see a follow-up to the Hawk (Disscounting the ugly vtr1000).Maybe a 1200cc naked sportbike with the hawks powercaracteristics,and updated looks
Leopold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #19
Easyenough
Founding Member

My Honda 599 is wicked in all the right ways and I can't wait for the update to the 919 in the US - maybe in '09? There's nothing like 'em anywhere.

MSRP is irrelevant by the way, so please don't bring up that old saw.
Easyenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I've been to almost every bike dealership in South Florida lately, which is second only to CA in motorcycle market size. I know what's wrong with Honda, their products look like they were designed and built with the passion of Cheeze Whiz on a saltine and the complete concession of quality to maximization of shareholder return. Bright little cupcakes, all frosted up, with all the substance to match.

However, there is a bright spot. I made it over to the Triumph dealer yesterday; Pure Triumph in Fort Lauderdale. The shop was way cool, when I walked in it was the total opposite of the Honda dump I saw a week ago. After just soaking up the atmosphere a few minutes, I started looking at the bikes. I don't want to own one, but anybody who rides or even just looks at a Rocket III and doesn't say "Holy Shirt!" needs to have their medication reduced. Sprint ST: way cool sport tourer, Tiger: way cool sport touring something or other that you can put bags on, Daytona: who wouldn't want one of those if you're the racer type? Speed Triple...I'll take one in neon green please. Then the retro bikes, Bonnies, Speedmasters, Scrambler, damn they look GREAT!

The owner of the place, Jeff, took time to get to know me, talk about the bikes, find out what I rode now and what I wanted to do with a bike in the future. Fat chance of that happening at HD, Hot Dog, or even the "Power Sports" Motorcycle Food Court and Mini Mall.

I'm going to wait and have a look at the Concours 14, but if it weren't for that, I'd be down ordering that Sprint ST. Or the Tiger. Or maybe one of those Speed Triples... If you haven't been to one of the Triumph dealerships you should go. Oh yeah, their prices are right in line with the other guys...and you aren't going to see your bike three times walking into the bar at Bike Night.