Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Honda

Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
eorose
Registered Member

Default New Honda V45 Magna Owner

Hey Folks -

I recently purchased an '85 V45 Magna for the unbelievable price of $300. I was looking for a project bike, and given what I have been reading around here, I certainly have my work cut out for me. I'm handy enough around an engine, but this will be my first major project.

I just got the bike last weekend, and I haven't really had a chance to do more than play with some of the cosmetic things since I don't have it here yet (it's hanging out at my parents' farm until Sunday, when I'll bring it home). So I don't really know what's wrong with it yet. It only had a splash of gas in it when I got it, so who knows, it might even start. :P I did hook it up to the battery and it turned over, just didn't start. However, I did try spraying some starting fluid in the air box with no results.

Anyway, I'm just introducing myself so you guys can laugh at me. I'm sure I'll be having questions eventually.

Thanks,
Eric
eorose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
eorose
Registered Member

Here's a picture in case you're curious. Just cellphone pic. Will get more this weekend.

eorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Good Luck - 'cuz you're gonna NEED it!

Welcome to MO!
Is that the "Buddy 'Sama" avatar Hawk? Pretty damn funny!

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
motopsych
Registered Member

Hey eorose, once you get your bike in running condition you're gonna love it. If you want real help with a Magna try visiting v4hondabbs.com and v4musclebike.com, those guys love Magnas and are happy to help their fellow v4 riders. The guys here really aren't much help and post useless crap like the one above.
motopsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I think this site is a great resource for help.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopsych View Post
Hey eorose, once you get your bike in running condition you're gonna love it. If you want real help with a Magna try visiting v4hondabbs.com and v4musclebike.com, those guys love Magnas and are happy to help their fellow v4 riders. The guys here really aren't much help and post useless crap like the one above.
It's a Good Thing(tm) you came-along and warned him about us.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
eorose
Registered Member

hahaha, oh gosh, yeah. Geez AirHawk, you haven't been helpful at all.....
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopsych View Post
Uselss crap? USELESS CRAP!?!?!

You listen to me you punk-ass scrotum-licking BONEHEAD, if it weren't for "useless crap" like that post, this site would be overwhelmed with ****less post-pimps who think the only reason to be here is to get free advice on fixing rusted hulk motorcycles they found under the ****house at Uncle Jed's. As if you're some genius remote control repair man yourself...the best you could come up with in your "serious" answer was to send the guy to...wait for it....yet another site.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
I think this site is a great resource for help.
Not to mention the witty repartee that makes it not only informative, but entertaining as well!

Its.......A FACT!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Hey! I'll help! I did just what you are doing. Bought an 84 Magna as a project for $300. 3 years and $2000 later I sold it for $1000. Had to replace the tranny (they always blow). Dropped valve and bought another engine from a salvage yard. It always ran hot so I had to rig a bypass switch so the fan would always run when in stop and go traffic. The suspension is waaaayy to0 soft. Never mind that the cams are soft and the oil flow needs to be re-routed to keep them from self-destructing too.

Do yourself a favor and find another project. Early Honda V4s are shyt and those V4s singelhandedly destroyed Honda's reputation of infallible reliability. Don't say I did warn you. Anyone who tells you those old V4s are good bikes is either a fool or a liar.