Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Honda

Old 04-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
CappyD
Registered Member

Default Looking for help! '77 Honda 750CBA

Hey all...

New to forums, so please pardon my ignorance!

I have a 1977 Honda 750 CBA that I've allowed to be neglected. This bike was only made by Honda for 3 years, '76, '77, & '78. and has an automatic trasnmission. Other than my lack of care and maintenance, this bike is in excellent condition with only about 8K original miles on the original engine.

I'm having an impossible time finding someone that can get some work done on it. Shops I've spoken to have never even heard of this bike, and Honda won't touch it because it's too old.

I live in Bay Area, CA. and am hoping that someone out here can suggest, or point me in the direction on someone or a shop that can help me out.

Things that I know it needs...

Tires and Brakes are original... rear breaks were really getting worn the last time I rode it. Should think that I would probably need to have the brake system cleaned and flushes as well.

Bike hasn't been started in probably 7 years... so the carbs probably need to be inspected at the least, most likely rebuilt, although they had just been rebuilt when I bought it maybe 10 years ago and I've only put about 1K miles on the bike myself.

Battery needs to be replaced... it's been dead for so long, I'm sure it won't take a charge.

Chain should probably be inspected... because I don't know anything about motorcycle chains and if they need to be replaced or anything like that.

I think there was a minor issue with the fuse box assembly as well... if I remember correctly, I think it needed to be replaced... or at least I thought it should be replaced.

I have the Honda Factory Manual for the bike. Which I'm more than happy to either photocopy or loan out to anyone that can help me get this beast up and running again.

Again... this is a '77... and everything on it is factory original, with the exception of the battery and the carbs having been rebuilt once before. Oh... and I'm sure the oil filter isn't factory original either.

If anyone has any ideas on who I can get in touch with to discuss breathing life back into my bike, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thank you!

Richard
CappyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Tricky991
Registered Member

Im not sure on a shop that would fix it for you in Cali. Since I'm in Texas.

Just wanted to say though I have a '78 CB750A. I haven't actually rode mine yet still in the restoration process.

If there is something wrong with the transmission you'll be lucky to find parts for it. I don't even think you could get any new parts for the transmission.

I don't even know if my transmission is good on mine. But I heard of some people swapping it out with a manual transmission.

Anywho here's a site that has lots of good parts for your bike.

Vintage CB750
Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
CappyD
Registered Member

Default Thank you!

Thank you for the heads up Tricky.

To the best of my knowledge, the Tranny is still good... or at least it was the last time I rode it. Hopefully that won't become a problem in the foreseeable future!
CappyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Tricky991
Registered Member

Yea its a shame they discontinued making the CB750A so soon.

Good luck with yours!