Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Honda

Old 10-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
AshevilleCB250
Registered Member

Default 93 Nighthawk 250 Stalling

So the bike has been running great and still starts and idols as it should. After it warms up however, say 2 or 3 miles, any load will make it buck and stall. Give it a second, and it starts right back up.
Thought it was a crimped fuel line, but same thing keeps happening after I replaced it. Would seem that the carbs are ok, as it runs fine for a while, but not sure. Thinking electrical, possibly coil?
Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
AshevilleCB250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
ranchwrench
Registered Member

Did you check the screen filter coming out of the tank? If you have some rust or sediment flaking off the inside, it'll plug the screen, then fill slowly with the engine not running.
ranchwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
AshevilleCB250
Registered Member

I installed a clear fuel line and was able to see if there was any blockage under load. The fuel was there...
AshevilleCB250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
ranchwrench
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshevilleCB250 View Post
I installed a clear fuel line and was able to see if there was any blockage under load. The fuel was there...
Is your choke stuck open? (not just the lever on the handgrip but the place where the cable goes into the carb) Another thing to check is the float needle in the float bowl. I believe your year still has the float bowl bolt on the bottom of the carb and you can pull the float bowl easily, apply a little suction to the vacuum line (to actuate the diaphragm on the fuel pet****) and control the flow of gas coming out with the action of the float itself, while you watch and check for free flowing and stopping.

There's only 3 main things to worry about on any gas engine....fuel mixture, spark and compression. You've got spark and compression, so your fuel problem will be simple to fix if you just have the confidence to figure it out.
ranchwrench is offline   Reply With Quote