Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Honda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
chncy
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Default VT1100 Aero-style fenders for VT1100 spirit?

Is it possible to get the Aero fender style on a spirit? Such as pre-made custom fenders rather than having to get custom ones fabricated?

I really like the retro swept style of the Aero fenders.

Also the style of the light kit both front and back. The back would go with the fender, but the spotlight with the extended visor is really nice.

I've checked in a couple catalogs and online but I can't seem to find much that matches the spirit.

Last edited by chncy : 08-08-2009 at 04:52 PM.
chncy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Customizations like this one are almost by definition unlikely to have a lot of case information to study. In other words, get in there and start cutting and fitting.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
chncy
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Customizations like this one are almost by definition unlikely to have a lot of case information to study. In other words, get in there and start cutting and fitting.
Further from that. I really like a lot about the styling on the saber/aero. Is there any way to get the speedometer-on-gas-tank that they have, for my spirit? Or is this more cutting and fitting of stuff.
chncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncy View Post
Further from that. I really like a lot about the styling on the saber/aero. Is there any way to get the speedometer-on-gas-tank that they have, for my spirit? Or is this more cutting and fitting of stuff.
Got a torch and a large hammer?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
chncy
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Got a torch and a large hammer?
No sir.
chncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
12er
Founding Member
 
12er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF
Posts: 2,801
Default

Very simple, jack up the license plate and wheel under the bike you like.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Very simple, jack up the license plate and wheel under the bike you like.
I think you win the MO Best Answer Award on this one.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:00 AM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

See, way back when, before 3000 page Drag Specialties catalogs there was these things called "used parts" or an "OEM parts list" what you would do is try to find the part you want as cheaply and in as best shape you could find. You beg borrow or steal it, then take it home and cut, bend, hammer and drill it till it fit like you wanted it to. Then you took it back off and sanded and primered it, then it's off to a body shop to have someone spray it for you, then you put it back on the bike.....(careful now because it's painted) stand back and look at your creation, then it's off to the next item on the list and repeat the process.

That's probably what you're going to have to do for your oddball. Japanese parts don't generally fit across the board like older HD, Brit and BMW parts do.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #9
SmokeU
Registered Member
 
SmokeU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pet****...pet****...pet****
Posts: 1,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
See, way back when, before 3000 page Drag Specialties catalogs there was these things called "used parts" or an "OEM parts list" what you would do is try to find the part you want as cheaply and in as best shape you could find. You beg borrow or steal it, then take it home and cut, bend, hammer and drill it till it fit like you wanted it to. Then you took it back off and sanded and primered it, then it's off to a body shop to have someone spray it for you, then you put it back on the bike.....(careful now because it's painted) stand back and look at your creation, then it's off to the next item on the list and repeat the process.

That's probably what you're going to have to do for your oddball. Japanese parts don't generally fit across the board like older HD, Brit and BMW parts do.
Excellent use of facts/data.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off