Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Honda

Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
theothermac
Registered Member

Default V65 Magna help!

Any V65 Magna owners? I've got a problem with my '84. She was running just fine, then one day on the way home, she started chugging, then died. After a while she started, I went about a mile, same thing...did that two more times and finally got to my street and only had to push her part of the way home. After checking things...found the fuel pump wasn't pumping. I retrofitted a pump for an '84 Prelude into her...(I read somewhere?? that would work...?) Also replaced all the fuel lines. She starts fine, has spark to all 4, fuel to all 4...but when you rev her, she bogs down and will die if you keep revving her. I took her up and down the street and she didn't make it a couple blocks....chugged down and died. I was on my driveway, failry steep and long..she would start but you couldn't get the revs up enough to get her in the garage. Pretty heavy bike!!! Anybody have any clues?
THANKS!!!
theothermac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Fuel-petc0ck filter (in-tank) plugged with rustworm-droppings? Carb fuel-inlet screen(a) plugged with same? The pump you replaced isn't working either (it can happen)?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
wvr1114
Registered Member

Default 1984 V65

Quote:
Originally Posted by theothermac View Post
Any V65 Magna owners? I've got a problem with my '84. She was running just fine, then one day on the way home, she started chugging, then died. After a while she started, I went about a mile, same thing...did that two more times and finally got to my street and only had to push her part of the way home. After checking things...found the fuel pump wasn't pumping. I retrofitted a pump for an '84 Prelude into her...(I read somewhere?? that would work...?) Also replaced all the fuel lines. She starts fine, has spark to all 4, fuel to all 4...but when you rev her, she bogs down and will die if you keep revving her. I took her up and down the street and she didn't make it a couple blocks....chugged down and died. I was on my driveway, failry steep and long..she would start but you couldn't get the revs up enough to get her in the garage. Pretty heavy bike!!! Anybody have any clues?
THANKS!!!
You more than likely have rust in your tank and it has clogged up your intermediate jets.
wvr1114 is offline   Reply With Quote