Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 12-28-2001, 10:32 AM   #131
deweybch
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 VFR Interceptor Dyno Run

Never mind, I somehow skipped over the 2000 street test - my fault. I read the article and it seems to be a very capable bike. They did say it was their favorite bike to date (I'm surprised you didn't mention this!). However, the comment was against the 'old' VFR, not the current 2002 model - although the ZX-9R will still kill it on the track. Again, please let me know what exactly you have against this bike to keep arguing. Until you ride it, I don't know how you can condemn it.
deweybch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2001, 10:37 AM   #132
deweybch
Founding Member

Just to set the record straight, I never said I didn't like the ZX-9R and I never put it down. But you didn't answer my question to why you hate the VFR so much? Feedback please.
deweybch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 03:57 PM   #133
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default You can pull from Viffer any time...

Until it comes time to gas up. I almost bought a VTR, but the range is what turned me off.

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 04:15 PM   #134
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default To quote the iguana, with a twist

"So old, so angry. Damn that big band music!"
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 04:57 PM   #135
VFRfan
Founding Member

Default Re: Ugly with Tech Features of a Cadillac 8-6-4

Gentle, gentle on the about Honda's VTEC system and comparing it to that ill-tempered GM behemoth your old man owned! I have 335,000 kilometres (200,000 plus miles) on a 1993 Civic Si Hatchback equipped with a VTEC system. Zero problems with the variable valves. I cannot believe that Honda hasn't got this system down pat. In other vehciles the VTEC gives flexibility and punch missing in other vehciles - try on a Prelude or Acura NSX for size!
VFRfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 09:10 PM   #136
RWUB
Founding Member

Yeah, and for only $3,500 more! They're moving fast at the low low bargain basement price of $14,495 (compared to $10,999 for the interceptor WITH ABS). Cha know ya might be able to do some slight suspension modifications with that kinda extra dough on hand. And the 6 months extra time with the bike because of immediate delivery.

As for the weight, who cares unless you're going on a racetrack. Lets be realistic and get out of our racer fantasies for a sec here. I'm over 200 lbs. and I don't like to feel like I'm going 100 miles an hour on the freeway surrounded by cagers on a bicycle with race rep ergos. Ditto for 1000 mile days. Besides, it DOES have 10 more hp!

Anyone who would discount a bike on a couple of grainy net picks and a dyno run, and rip into it like you guys have, just MIGHT be far too rash IMHO. And if you're talking like that, the bike is probably not marketed towards you anyways. Maybe a little to sophisticated for your tastes. Besides, I think it's sexy and I heard it looks real sweet in the flesh and pics don't do it justice.

Looks like honda probably has another winner on their hands (sign me up)! Go ahead, name something better in it's class (including value $$$).
RWUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 08:51 AM   #137
work2fish
Founding Member

Boys, boys, boys - can't we all just get along? Now you go over there and ride your VFR. And you go ride your Kaw9R. And don't even so much as look at each other. OK? Thank you.

-Mom
work2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 09:04 AM   #138
work2fish
Founding Member

I like it. Honda is not stupid. The VFR is in a category of one, and I suspect they intend to keep it that way. No one else makes an 800 cc v-4 sport-tourer with way cool but heavy, reliable technology. If they made it 900 cc or a liter, then it would lose out to all those cheaper, simpler in-line fours and threes in 900/liter shoot-outs - not a good business decision. And not every biker is a squid. I think it's about perfect. If all you want is cheap performance, go buy an old Kawasaki or Suzuki sportbike.
work2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 10:32 AM   #139
VFR800-1
Founding Member

glad to see someone likes old tech...kawasaki's have been king in the pork dept for years and they will never win the awards for comfort that the vfr has !
VFR800-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 10:47 AM   #140
VFR800-1
Founding Member

Again someone can be found with something in the grey matter department. Most of these people commenting seem to know very little of the vfr. Past winner of 750 cc and above sport tourer for 10 or more years. These people also don't seem to know that 155 miles per hour and above is enough for most. Too bad their favorites are either too stuck in past tech (Kawasaki) or 1000 cc twins and overpriced (italian) to try to keep pace with an almost perfect sport tourer. Some seem pissed that Honda dropped the gear driven cams...but if that helps bring out the true sound of the v-four without the whine...and no cam problems...i'm all for it and can't wait for Jan. 14th to get here! Jan 14th is the expected delivery date to my local Honda shop and I promise to give as fair an opinion as possible after a proper break in of approximately 1500 miles or so. I lvoed my 1999 VFR, but there are people who don't belive that a stop means stop...and I was too bull headed and told myself that I had the right of way and the VFR didn't survive. Most of you need to worry about Insurance companys ( State Farm !!! ) and how they will try to shaft you if you are involved in an accident...instead of what the best bike is. Just enjoy riding and pass it on.
VFR800-1 is offline   Reply With Quote