Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 11-22-2000, 10:42 AM   #21
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: 2001 Honda Gold Wing Road Test

What is considered old-fashioned? The valving? If you think about it, almost ALL bikes (and cars, trucks, etc) are using old-fashioned internal combustion engines. They are essentially the same as 100 years ago, except for refinements.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2001, 10:23 AM   #22
ACE1100rider
Founding Member

Yeah, but your bike will suck!!

I have ridden both and there is no contest...the Wing is BY FAR the better touring machine.
ACE1100rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 11:07 PM   #23
rideandfly
Founding Member

I'm Ultra Classic owner...and I too have ridden every flavor of Gold Wing since '75..and you're correct, they ain't no Harley. Thank God and George W. we have a choice.
rideandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 10:29 AM   #24
jsimpson
Founding Member

The GW1800 is a fantastic bike; so was the GW1500. But when it came time to slim down to one bike, I kept my Heritage Softail and sold my wing. The softail is still worth what I paid for it six years ago, the wing is not. The wing continues to depreciate at the rate of all non-Harleys. I do far more cruising than touring, so it just made sense. Now I might sell the Harley and get the new wing, even though it would not be an economically sound decision.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #25
TLCoan
Registered Member

Anyone who pays more for a used Harley-Davidson than a new one, should have there head examined. Just because Harley-Davidson's are popular, and are expensive do not mean they are the best Motorcycle, that is a personal choice. You can take a used Ultra

Classic that is a 2000 model it is more than a brand new GoldWing. The GoldWing would blow it off the road in all performance aspects, except of course for the safety factor of overly obnoxious exhaust. While I am on the pulpit what is up with the Harley bunch not waving at anyone who rides anything other than a Harley? Not all of them do,just quite a few. I ride a old 1981 Suzuki GS850G that is set up for touring, bags and trunk, I wave at everyone, because we are all against the same hazards. Join the A.M.A.
TLCoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 07:43 AM   #26
TLCoan
Registered Member

George W. Who he is an embarassment to the USA. Have some hot new paint for the 100th anniversary of Harley-Davidson took a lot of engineering on that. Maybe thats why they couldn't build a competitive bike in AMA Suberbike and quit with there tail between there legs.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:45 AM   #27
TLCoan
Registered Member

Too Afraid to put your name to this? I wrench on my own motorcycle, 1981 Suzuki GS850G. I'll bet I put more time caring and cleaning and riding than you ever will. Do you know where the Japanese received all the technology from to build motorcycles? It came from the States as a process to rebuild war torn Japan, mostly from a Harley-Davidson single cylinder, are you jealous that they have surpassed Harley-Davidson technology in such a short period? Harley is still using technology from 100 years ago does that sound familiar can we all say "ANNIVERSARY". What do you call the V-Rod Harley or Porsche? Oh do you call the Buell the XL5 or XB9R. Join the AMA not H.O.G.

it is for all Bikers.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:10 AM   #28
xjr
Founding Member

I own a 2000 Road King (talk about expensive and value) and an '01 Hayabusa. Last year I put 9000 miles on my busa and maybe 1000 on the Harley. I'm planning on buying a used '01 1800 wing. My girlfriend and I rented one from cruise america last June and rode from San. Fran. to L.A. and back. Great bike! Rode the coast and the valleys. We had it loaded with stuff. It was all I expected. It had pretty decent power going up the mountains. Of course, a little more performance would not hurt. Handled well.

As I live in Chicago, I want to ride around California alot more after I buy a wing. I also want to ship it to Europe to tour France and Italy.

Any ideas?

xjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:49 AM   #29
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha is the Font of All Design

Wow, you're really an idiot. Yamaha has been around since the 1890's.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:52 AM   #30
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re:Harley is NOT a player here.

YES, THEY ARE. I'll bet Harley sells at least as many Ultras as Honda sells GLs.