Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 10-10-2001, 04:07 PM   #1
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Keep Rossi on the NSR500

as Mick Doohan said, no need to rush him into riding the valved horror into last place
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2001, 09:23 PM   #2
christianl
Founding Member

Default Re: Keep Rossi on the NSR500

??????? you sir,are an idiot!
christianl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 04:08 AM   #3
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default and you call yourself a christian!!!!

HAH!
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:06 AM   #4
Spinetingler
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Strengthens 2002 Racing Effort

Who cares.

Anyone see H-D's latest earnings release!!!!!

Spinetingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 06:14 AM   #5
12er
Founding Member

Yep, when you build a $1,500 bike and sell it for $17,000 to a line a mile long of nonvalue concerned individuals one would expect record profits. I have to hand it to Harleys Marketing folks, they did one d@mn good job. Possibly the best Marketing in the world. Well at least in the USA.

I think I just figured out what it is about a Harley that appeals to so many. It appeals to our animalistic nature, the feeling of raw power closely related to an earthquake. The rumble, the shaking, all ready to unleash with a twist of the wrist. Top that off with a large dose of shiny bobbles and trinkets for the eyes to catch and presto, Moths to a flame. Take away the chrome, the vibes and the volume and I donÂ’t think anyone would care for them at all. Performance certainly isnÂ’t there, definitely no handling, scary brakes, frame flex and under sprung suspension. But they call to the soul, making its rider feel like the most powerful being ever to grace this earth. The sound, the shake and the wind all give the allusion of going faster and quicker than you are. With that Harley has produced what no other more refined bike can match. Ride OnÂ…

12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 06:19 AM   #6
wickdgsxr
Founding Member

It's nice to see that Danny and Al are happy going to Honda. It's a bit sad because the three of them (Joey) seemed to make a great team. The kawasaki team got things done and were the coolest to hang out with.
wickdgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 06:47 AM   #7
lmartin780
Founding Member

12er,

I must be cool to have competition that builds a better product than you, sell it for less than yours and yet....... You still have a monopoly??? Go figure! HD's Marketing folks had as easy a job as Bush did in making a coalition against terrorism! It just plain fell in their laps.

Larry RS# 71
lmartin780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 06:48 AM   #8
Poser
Founding Member

Default Honda racing, Harley marketing, huh?

I don't ride a Harley and don't really want one, but...

There is something to be said for making the rider experience a certain way, as long as performance is adequate and brakes are not outright dangerous. I can probably outrun a Harley on my commuting appliance Bandit 600, but the Harley rider is having as much fun as I am. We both can outrun nearly all cars on the road, and enjoy doing it.

I got no problem with Harley's popularity, even if I my next bike is a Gixxer instead of a Fxxer.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 07:26 AM   #9
chrisjaney
Founding Member

Just to save you from having to go into a hissy fit to reply to this, I want to precurse my reply with... I DON'T RIDE A HOG. I will repeat this after the post as well as we all know you guys only save room in your noggin for little harley one-liners.

It's easy, just don't buy the clunky things. It's just like any other pop culture, you can question any of them -

"why do punk rockers where big heeled boots and chains through their nose? Doesn't that seem distracting and non-functional?"

"why do teenage girls buy all of this horrible boy-band music - it has no musical originality, and it all sounds the same?"

"why do the young urbanites listen to guys yell about beating eachother up and driving big cadillacs? wouldn't it be a better if they got along around a campfire and sang christian haikus?"

"why do us americans insist on driving big ugly SUV's and harley davidson's - they aren't functional and their handling is laughable?"

Again - I do not ride a HOG.
chrisjaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 08:21 AM   #10
darkspy
Registered Member

Default Re: and you call yourself a christian!!!!

maybe his first name is christian. i've met a couple of those
darkspy is offline   Reply With Quote