Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 09-14-2001, 07:51 PM   #1
RWUB
Founding Member

Default Re: Stolen CRF

Way to show Honda how much we appreciate them you theving bastards. You make the sport worse for everyone for whatever little you gain out of it. Enjoy the bike lowlifes.

P.S. My heart REALLY does go out too all those in N.Y.C. and those affected by this tragedy. We're with you.
RWUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2001, 02:52 AM   #2
guzzi
Founding Member

Look out there'll be some Chinese or Korean 4 stroke motocrosser coming out soon !
guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 10:30 AM   #3
David_2001
Founding Member

ain't that the truth
David_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 11:41 AM   #4
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

With Patented Technology!!!
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 12:08 PM   #5
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Big whoop. A dirtbike got stolen. Unfortunate, but hardly national news. And since it was a press-bike (read: company property), at least some poor guy isn't crying his eyes out because he had spent five years living lean to afford the thing.

I have a feeling that American Honda will be able to scrounge up the funds to replace it.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 02:50 PM   #6
RWUB
Founding Member

You're missing the point. Motorcycle theft doesn't bother you at all?
RWUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 05:48 PM   #7
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Yeah it does. I hate it. My dad's bike got stolen four years ago and I was pissed as hell. But that sort of stuff happens so often it can't be national news. It's just like Dan Rather doesn't say "we start tonight with a report of a purse-snatching in Grand Rapids, Michigan." Hundreds of motorcycles are stolen every day, I'm sure, and to cover just one theft in such detail and treat it as so unique is really odd IMHO. No harm is done, but I just don't see the point.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 06:38 PM   #8
rat-biker
Founding Member

Default News Flash!

Really?! I think the point is that this was a bike that is not yet available in the retail market. That's what makes it different. Besides, an article in MO is not at the same level as a network news broadcast report. There, now I've stated the obvious.

Actually I'd like to hear more details about how well the bike was secured before I decide how cretenous the perps were.
rat-biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 10:45 PM   #9
jaylie
Founding Member

I come to this site, looking to get some relief from the real-world news, and you hear stuff like this.

What an idiot. Who steals a press-version pre-production four-stroke dirt bike? I bet he's out there trying to sell it, too-- wondering why everyone's backing away from it wide-eyed.

and he did it AFTER Tuesday.
jaylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 03:44 PM   #10
FrankS1
Founding Member

You have to figure that motorcycles get stolen for ca$h most frequently, and for joy riding sometimes.

Theft of a unique press demo bike is a lot harder to understand than theft of a popular model for which there's always a demand for parts. (Priced plastic fairing pieces lately? Even us honest folks get a little tempted..)

In the antique motorcycle magazines, there are occasional reports of stolen rarities. That's even harder to understand. You figure motorcycles either get stolen for joy riding - and might be recovered, much the worse for wear - or to chop for parts. The CRF450R might be a joy riding candidate, but it is really baffling when something like a 1936 Rudge gets lifted - the joy rider couldn't begin to get it started, and they are so rare that if any swap meet merchant showed up with parts, they'd be immediately recognized and the merchant beaten to a well-deserved pulp.

I guess that there are folks who simply want anything they can grab that isn't theirs, whether they have any use for it or not.
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote