Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 09-12-2001, 11:58 AM   #71
jedi11
Founding Member

Default Re: New Hondas all over the web!

I concur with your ST suggestion. I get beat up pretty bad by the strong, gusty winds in our area when commuting between home and the twisties on my '01 VFR (same as the 9. The only problem is: i think we have to wait until next year to get this in the US!
jedi11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2001, 01:22 PM   #72
wavyd
Registered Member

I have a good source inside Honda that assures me the ST will be here for this year. Also a new Valkerie with 1800 motor and maybe the Varadero

which would be a great alternative to the ST or the VFR. Check it out here:

http://www.geocities.com/honda_varadero/varapage.htm
wavyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:29 AM   #73
VFRTed
Founding Member

I have a 1998 VFR which I love. As for the 2002, yawn. More weight, no more HP. Sure, I think the underseat exhaust is sexy, but not enough to merit a change purely on styling. The power range is not that big of a change.....who rides at 3500RPM on a sportbike?? As I said....yawn.

VFRTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:51 AM   #74
VFRTed
Founding Member

Hmmmm, the centers only. Wanna do a track day? My 1998 VFR800 does pretty well on the track, thank you very much. I enjoy it, and it's a damned fine well-balanced machine for being such a jack-of-all-trades motorcycle. I've done 350 mile days that included a track day. And no, I don't have chicken strips (or footpeg feelers anymore). Ride fast, but safely
VFRTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:53 AM   #75
jedi11
Founding Member

Encouraging news! (i'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for a pay raise)
jedi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 05:41 AM   #76
Islandcomm
Registered Member

AT 213 kg the VFR seems to weigh less than the currrent version.
Islandcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 08:42 AM   #77
R1150GSugly
Founding Member

350 mile days? Ouch.
R1150GSugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 08:49 AM   #78
das
Founding Member

Yeah, but, would it be too much to ask to just tweak this exact bike to add 20 HP and remove 30-50 lbs?

Honda has the technology, and, frankly a $2000 price increase wouldn't hurt sales nearly as much as those two improvements would help them. (Besides, if price is a major issue, you're not looking at a VFR anyway.)

I love the underseat exhaust, the new styling, the taller windscreen, the hard bags, the heated grips, etc... but I just cannot see myself trading my '96 VFR for this bike because of exactly two things: lack of power and excess of weight.
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 02:35 AM   #79
coopershonda
Founding Member

anyone hear anything about a new honda dual sport such as XR400L or XR250L? I did hear that they might come out with a new ATV.......
coopershonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 09:35 AM   #80
chesman
Founding Member

Am I missing something? Or didn't I see on more than one UK bike site, that this "Hornet 900" or in US trim, Asphalt-only "919" would be AT LEAST 2000 British pounds CHEAPER than a Yamaha FZ1??? But now I see that US MSRP on the Honda website is $7999 dollars?!?!?!?! Or am I incorrect? I thought I read that this bike would be priced in the Bandit 1200 price range more so than the FZ1, yet here the bike is to be priced approx. ONLY 500 bucks LESS than the Yamaha? And for less content than a Bandit to boot! I like the bike (especially in blue) but to only give us one color choice and to price this just under the FZ1, I forsee a low sales count in the US 919s future. Please someone tell me I'm wrong...
chesman is offline   Reply With Quote