Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 07-12-2001, 11:05 AM   #81
marc
Founding Member

Default i got a flag lapel pin at a nixon rally

young republicans ride harley davidsons, bought with daddy's money (or dividends from hd stock). bill clinton rides girls. just an observation.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2001, 03:19 PM   #82
Gabe
Founding Member

Default No,

That was Abe Froman.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 05:36 PM   #83
blavenia
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reveals NAS

To all complaining about the exhaust location on the NAS, have you ever thought about ENGINEERING?

Think of this for a moment:

Heat=Traction=Speed

Combustion=Heat=Exhaust

Mounting the exhaust right in front of the rear tire is brilliant. The tire will heat faster, ride more consistently based on a constant engine temperature instead of being based entirely on friction rates from the asphalt, and produce all-around feedback hot lap after hot lap.

I think it's a good idea, the entire bike, but I agree it will never be built. Too bad they stole so many ideas from the Italians like MV Agusta's (Tamburini's) pass-through swingarm, Benelli's rear-mounted radiator fans, and Ducati's belief that V-Twins are the best way to go. Give me an inline motor or give me death.
blavenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 03:49 AM   #84
gixerlogan
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda NAS

"How serious can that front end be if conventional swingarms are already superior to single sided swingarms. "

As serious as Ducati dominating World Superbike in Manufacturer's points and overall this season so far.

I believe you should check you sources again or subscribe to more than one magazine to avoid reading bias opinion.

And if by all mathematical-structural-design means the single swingarm is "inferior" to the "conventional" singarm... Boy, those Ducatis are sure doing one hell of a job despite being HANDICAPED by your so called "inferior" swingarm.

Anywho, I saw the bike, and talk to one of the techs who mentioned that they are thinking about using a VTR race engine on this concept machine. Price will be between the $15k to $30k range.
gixerlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 09:13 AM   #85
a1ien08
Founding Member

Really your point that to say either japanese or italian or british or whatever copy the other is a terrible and unfair and pointless overgeneralisation is the essence of my point. It just seems that Japanese manufacturers are always the target of such accusations, hence the bias toward pointing out Japanese innovations.

Although, I have seen an NR and many of the styling cues do seem very similar. . ..
a1ien08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 05:27 PM   #86
Monkeygym
Founding Member

Default Gilera CX-125

It's for sale at MotoMorphic, 707-763-4295, for $6500. It's got a NV title.
Monkeygym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 05:30 PM   #87
Monkeygym
Founding Member

Default Gilera CX-125

I never rode it 'cause I didn't want to jack the mileage up, and to be honest, it doesn't really appeal to me. Then again, the Honda that started this thread does. The full coverage bodywork of the Gilera is what some europeans refer to as "yogurt-beaker"; I prefer nekkid bikes.
Old 07-15-2001, 05:32 PM   #88
Monkeygym
Founding Member

Default Gilera Cx-125

Don't be too impressed, it's no big deal. Hey--it could be yours! There was a roached out one for sale in the LA area a few years ago, too. In one of the Japanese mags, there was a picture of one sans-bodywork, with a Honda NS400R engine in it. Now *that* would be interesting to me.

Old 07-16-2001, 07:01 AM   #89
SilverSurfer
Founding Member

I'm not sure what a fairing has to do with superbike safety? The fairings are in place to smooth the airflow as it passes along the surfaces of the motorcycle in an effort to reduce drag. Reducing drag is a sure fire way of increasing top speed, or reducing fuel consumption.

A naked sportbike is no more or less "safe" than a faired one.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:15 AM   #90
TCAir
Founding Member

I liked the rims!!!

TCAir is offline   Reply With Quote