Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 07-11-2001, 05:21 PM   #71
Katoom
Founding Member

Default Kinda looks like a Ducati MH900E

This bike looks like it shares a lot of styling with the MH900E. looks like Japan pays more attention to the Italians than we think.
Katoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2001, 05:43 PM   #72
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default well, there is no denying the genius of Britten...

...and that he is sorely missed, but let's just say he would be very proud of the Tul-aris. I think Britten was much more well financed than Tuluie but hopefully some major manufacturer buys his ideas. I would like to see a motorcycle where all my favorite concept ideas are manifest(not my concepts, just my favorites): single sided front and rear suspension; rear exiting exhaust; underseat radiator; fuel injection; hydraulic clutch; and my newest obsession - fattie rear AND front wheels.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 05:54 PM   #73
badsac
Founding Member

Default Re: Under the seat exhaust

True, but common sense would say it would be best to keep any cooling element as far away from anything that produces heat.

Nah, I like the way they've handled the exhaust on that thing. I didn't pick it as the exhaust at first sighting, and I'm sure many others didn't as well. I think the right way to go is to make the exhaust as inconspicuous as possible. I know people could argue that you can't get any more consipicuous than that, but when you can't tell easily that it's a can then I think that is just as good. It would be nice to get away from treating exhausts as a visual cue. Let the engineering of the rest of the bike take more prominance. Just like what Honda have done here.

badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 07:07 PM   #74
spindizzy
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reveals NAS

Don't forget that in the UK (their market) HD is a very small player and not part of their target market. Frankly I think they could care less if they burned them. The credibility of MCN in the world press is a moot point as they are the most popular print publication in the english speaking world.
You could learn a lot from their web sites set-up ( MO is looking decidedly 1997 nowadays
spindizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:01 PM   #75
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Yeah!

And a DUCATI owner told me that! Listening to my bike (with an M4) and a 748 going down the back straight at Thunderhill, we uniformly agreed the SV had a raspier, more mechanical sound to it. And in any case, it's hard to tell them apart- both are 90 degree vees.

Also, my SV has very low clubmans, same height and reach as a 748/916. So why is it easier to steer? Because it's 70 pounds lighter, ya think? And is only down 12 HP on a 748. Oh yeah, it's about 1/3 the price.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:08 PM   #76
Gabe
Registered Member

Default OH NO!

Now you said it! The word nobody is to hear! Ni! Ni!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 10:41 PM   #77
fxsts91
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reveals NAS

I have to say that I am impressed. All I hope for is a bike of this design and style wrapped up with a good price tag and produced by a manufacturer with a dependable reputation for quality. This is an awesome step towards bigger and better things. Sooner or later they're-(bike manufacturers)- gonna catch on with something similiar to this. Way to go MO and Honda.
fxsts91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 11:10 PM   #78
Dannykookoo
Founding Member

Default enter ... the safety nazi

Why do they keep making kitchen knives? More than half the population can't use them properly anyway. Sharp things kill and most people might as well eat microwave burritos.
Dannykookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 02:49 AM   #79
pplassm
Founding Member

Default B-58 Hustler Weapons pod

The pod not only contained fuel, but also the offensive weapon, a variable-yield thermonuclear bomb.

Pete P.
Old 07-12-2001, 06:09 AM   #80
alik
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh, yeah, the radiator!

Gorgeous bike, not doubt about it. At the same time, I'd like to bring your attention to couple of things.
First, impracticality of a front single sided swing arm.
Second, the very fact that even Honda acknowledges that they built an "estetic", not "functional" bike. Another words, this bike is for looks, not performance.
If you ask me, neither NAS or Sachs could hold a candle to a race-proven Britten.
Beauty is great, but it's even greater when coupled with function.
alik is offline   Reply With Quote