Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 07-10-2001, 10:13 PM   #21
badsac
Founding Member

Default Uggggg!

"not the prettiest thing in the world" That's an understatement. Those things were so ugly. I swear it would have to be the ugliest bike ever made.

Why did you never ride it?

badsac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2001, 10:21 PM   #22
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda NAS

Skinny, light, no seat to speak of...exhaust under the center of the bike with a chin fairing and windcreen, some naked styling...hmmm...sounds like...A BUELL!

The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 10:24 PM   #23
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reveals NAS

Wow...you own a Gilera Cx-125? I have never met anyone else who has even HEARD of that bike, let alone owned one. I am impressed.

The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 10:44 PM   #24
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Oh, yeah, the radiator!

I forgot. Well, how about a Britten V-1000 pile-of-blue spaghetti kind of thing?

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 10:47 PM   #25
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Holy Ship!

Man o man, this is some kinda big freakin' news!

Welcome to the 1990's, H-D!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 12:02 AM   #26
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Here's my 2 cents..

As a super expensive exotic, it won't make it.

But, if they keep the same frame design and body work.... AND ditch the expensive suspension, carbon fiber, titanium..... AND give it a cheap reliable VTR engine....... AND sell it cheaper than a Monster.

I thought Anonymous Squids can't post!

IF they did all that ..... then just remember it was my idea so I can be first on the waiting list!!
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:11 AM   #27
MoMo
Founding Member

Default SV

SV's rule!
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:19 AM   #28
ticker
Founding Member

why do they keep building these super fast bikes,more than half the people can;t ride them anyway.speed kills and most people are not going to ride these bikes at 65 mph.

ticker
ticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:30 AM   #29
Knightrider
Founding Member

No doubt about it, it will turn heads and start a new trend. I think that it is cool. But I still prefer something a bit more traditional like a BSA Goldstar or a Norton International with electric start and left foot instead of right foot shifter, now that would be super cool. Anyway, back to Honda, I think that they will easily sell everyone that they make, and I will enjoy looking at them, but would not buy one.
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:46 AM   #30
a1ien08
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda NAS

i'd just like to agree & reinforce Gabe's comments. Other bikes that come to mind that and the Jap innovations (not necessarily the first with the concept, but probably the first succesfull sport-bike application) include:

Kawasaki KR500- monocoque chassis in a GP bike

Honda NR500- oval piston

And if you think that Italian bikes are the sauce (he he) of all things stylee, take a look at a Honda NR750, and I think you'll find where Ducati got its styling inspiration for the 916.

The only reason that Ducks are so popular these days is because they're perceived to be faster because they can beat other bikes which have 2/3 of the capacity of the duck. Somehow I don't think a 996 superbike is going to be any match for any of the bikes that Honda and Yamaha will be racing next year in GP1- they are after all a closer capacity match.

And Ducati wouldn't be enjoying its current 2nd chance if Suzuki hadn't paved the way for modern sportsbikes with the GSXR750.

So let's see. . . the NAS seems to represent yet another brave attempt by the big H to introduce new ideas in a new context, which if they catch on, no doubt the Italian manufacturers will copy and convince ignorami like bluedot that they are their own.

By the way, I love almost all sportsbikes, and Ducks are indeed beutiful, but wannabe'slike blue-dot really should take a more balanced outlook.
a1ien08 is offline   Reply With Quote