Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 05-04-2001, 07:38 AM   #1
gizmop
Founding Member

Default Re: Heath Voss to Pilot CRF450R in SX Debut

Voss is an okay rider (12th in pts.), but he's going to get stomped on. I don't think this the way to introduce a new bike, by having it finish mid-pack.
gizmop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2001, 08:31 AM   #2
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Good point but I'm not sure Honda could get any of their front runners to ride the new machine. They're comfortable with the CRs and probably would not want to risk their points using new, untested technology.
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:45 AM   #3
Lincoln
Founding Member

well, they gotta start somewhere. why not against the best of the best. honda knows it won't win yet, but i think they're doing the right thing
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 11:35 AM   #4
RacinJason
Founding Member

I think that I might have to disagree with you...

Voss is way better than OK, remember he is NOT on a factory backed team.

It makes sense...to bring out the new bike for a brief testing session before they campaign it next year. There is not a chance that one of the factory guys is going to ride a completely new bike for just the last race of the season. I hope Honda gives Heath the support that he deserves next year. I really think that he has potential to run in the top 5 consistently, if he had factory support.

Here is the big question, Who will be riding the 450 next year? How many riders? I truly think that Yamaha should have campaigned at LEAST a few pro riders on the 426, instead of just one. If we see quite a few of the top riders on the CR-F, then we can assume one of two things, 1 the CR-F is awesome and they WANT to ride it, 2 Honda is requiring their boys to ride it...
RacinJason is offline   Reply With Quote