Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 05-01-2001, 07:02 AM   #11
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda CRF450R Reader Feedback

I'm sure it's the bees knees etcetera, but I would be much more interested if they put the engine in a 250-pound street-legal chassis similar to the Borile 500, with an Evel Knievel red-white-and-blue paint job.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2001, 07:28 AM   #12
chopperdog
Founding Member

A rubberband can drive a crawler
chopperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 07:40 AM   #13
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Item 1: Valve material. Ti is better at high temps than steel. hence, its use in exhaust valves is a natural. Price is probably what kept it out. For the intake side, Ti allows them to open the (larger) intake valves faster and farther. This has a substantial impact on power. Opening the exhaust valves faster and farther results in littel new power and a lot more noise, since it makes the pressure pulse sharper.

Item 2: Trickness. This thing is full of trick little bits. Go to the hondamotorcycle.com site and check it out under Models/Engineering. Very impressive. Typical Honda details.

Item 3: Street legalness. The DOT and PEA stand in the way. Because of those bozos, the DRZ-S is severely hampered, compared to the DRZ-E. Best off going to Baja Designs and doing it yourself.

Item 4: Green stickers. The solution is easy: get rid of those damned environmental wackos you people in California keep voting ofr. Vote liberal and this is what you get. Thank God my job made me come to Texas seven years ago, now I see the light.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 07:40 AM   #14
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Typo: The would be DOT and EPA. Oops.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 09:11 AM   #15
Neal
Founding Member

Different purpose,,,,the XR is a great woods/desert/gncc etc tool....this bike is for MX pure and simple.I dont expect many XR riders to want it but many 2 stroke 250 MXers are looking more and more at the YZ426 and the KTM...this should put Honda in the hunt.A lot depends on how it does in competition...particularly how it stacks up against the Yammy.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 09:17 AM   #16
ej
Founding Member

I'll take one of those strokers in street legal version mode with a sidestand please - please make the turn signals look cool too . .. . . and yes . ..a nice toolkit with a swiss army knife and a camping pack with mini cooking stove and a tentholder. I want to get away from these SUV-driving environmentalist starbucks drinkers.
ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 02:19 PM   #17
Zionist
Founding Member

Honda's suck...Harley's RULE...I hate all you jap scrap luvin' faggots...
Zionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 02:48 PM   #18
SB8RC
Founding Member

hey pale suck on this UU::::::::> BL0W ME WH0RE.
SB8RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:29 AM   #19
FLSTF
Founding Member

You are so right my brother! I realize that you can't condem all ATV riders because of that behaviour, but the overwhelming majority of them act recklessly, irresponsible and in the Carolinas, they get all of the good riding areas closed. These are riding areas that we dirt bike riders have ridden for decades. We have never had trouble with the land owners, state or anyone else. Put a dozen gun totting drunks on ATV's doing doughnuts in someones garden and guess what....
FLSTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:32 AM   #20
FLSTF
Founding Member

Half a Harley motor still sounds better than no harley motor at all......
FLSTF is offline   Reply With Quote