Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 04-10-2001, 09:13 AM   #31
ssmiley
Founding Member

Default Biaggi rules!

I laugh at anybody making a judgment based on that crappy feed, a Dennis Noyes opinion, or the b.s. coming out of the Honda camp. Biaggi is the Dale Earnhardt of 500GP; i.e., he makes you work for the pass. He and a few others (McCoy, Capirossi) just donÂ’t bow down to the Golden Child - Rossi.

DonÂ’t believe the propaganda, Honda is still sore Biaggi left two years ago. ItÂ’s too bad heÂ’s stuck with Yamaha where the resources are spread way too thin. IÂ’d like to see him back with Aprilia next year.

ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2001, 01:12 PM   #32
hola
Founding Member

Default You must be blind

You must be blind or you are total asss. It is obvious that Biaggi flicked the bike over when Rossi was passing, and if that was not enough he shifted his body over while sticking out his elbow. Stuff that even in MX races may get you into a fight.

Or is that you are racer and do this all the time without getting your head bashed in the pits?
hola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 07:23 AM   #33
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Press Release

Yes, that was a great moment, I was laughing so hard I had to go back and catch a couple minuts worth of action that I missed while laughing.

I'm going to be looking for a picture of that moment, if anybody finds one online, maybe you could post a reply with the link.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 08:15 AM   #34
ssmiley
Founding Member

Default OK, I'll do a 180° on this Incident

After watching the replay on Speedvision, I've got to admit the elbow looked intentional. Whether Biaggi was frustrated with his own attack or the feud with Rossi is heating up again, well we'll just have to wait and see. Over the years I think most people would classify Biaggi as a tough competitor and nothing more.

Elbows out in a MX? No, never happens.

P.S. Keep an eye on my boy Nakano!

ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 12:01 PM   #35
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Speedvision bad compared to what?

I'm wondering what everybody who complains about Speedvision coverage of motorcycle racing is comparing it to? Who does a better job? I've only been following racing since 98, so maybe I'm missing something.

Also as others pointed out, for many world racing series, the broadcaster does not have any control over what is being shown. There is only a local crew from that country/area who are shooting the race, and producing the feed you get. All Speedvision does is have the guys call the race. And I think the way the pronounce things is pretty funny. "O-ca-der", "Ha-ger", etc. And what's wrong with a blimp (or other high overhead shot) once in a while. It helps to show the track layout, and how the riders are spread out.

I don't even get Speedvision, I just gut their hand me down broadcasts on Fox Sports, and I'm grateful I can follow some of the major motorcycle racing series.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 10:45 PM   #36
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default Re: "sadly, you can kiss my asss dixman"

I seem to remember a bike called the RC30 that thouroughly kicked everyone's ass in the late 80's. It is also very clear that Honda has been top 750cc 4 stroke manufacturer throughout the 90's, including beating bikes with a 250cc advantage. Honda is the world superbike champ first year with a twin, and is about to relegate Ducati to an also ran this year.

You are talkin outta your ass.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 10:48 PM   #37
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default Re: "sadly, you can kiss my asss dixman"

It is also difficult to understand why you think that the rules in GP in the last thirty years would even come close to allowing an even playing field for four strokes. At least Honda gave it a shot.

You don't dislike 4 strokes, you have a problem with Honda. You should buy one.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote