Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Honda News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/)
-   -   Honda's 500th GP Victory (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/483-hondas-500th-gp-victory.html)

fasthrc 04-09-2001 11:32 AM

Re: Honda Press Release on 500th GP Victory

if haga is going to win it, it will probably be next year as I think he has more 4-stroke experience than alot of the riders combined, and he showed on sunday he is fast enough to play in GP already.

bluedot 04-09-2001 11:56 AM

Speedvision Coverage

Have to admit, second only to EPSN's coverage of AMA at Daytona, that was the worst broadcast ever.

lexs 04-09-2001 12:18 PM

Re: The coverage

I second that. The only point I would disagree with is that both announcers need to go. The British (I think, he could also be an Aussie) guy is a huge problem. He is constantly screaming and making stupid statements, he has got to go. The other guy is not that bad.

FWIW, I don't care about the accent, people who speak the "Queens English" just have problem pronouncing non-English words (du-cat-i, day-boo, yam-er-haw, etc.). We yanks shouldn't say anything, they might point out our grammar stinks.

BONGTOKER 04-09-2001 12:35 PM

Haga would do better if he was on Dunlops. he hates the tires he is on now.

SugarMrPoon 04-09-2001 01:13 PM

Re: TV coverage

Save Ferris!

hola 04-09-2001 02:19 PM

[b]
Thumbs down to Biaggi for down - right - dirty racing. It did not take the British announcers to realise that. Biaggi went so far as trying to run off Rossi off the track and even using his elbow. It seems the FIM is not doing anything against such tactics, which were also seen last year by Melandri in the last race of the 125 season.

"Max seemed to be holding people up a little and definitely was not playing by the rules; he was making a few dangerous situations for a people... I think the biggest factor for Max is that Valentino is a better motorcycle racer and I think this obviously upsets him."

Mick Doohan.

</p>

Lincoln 04-09-2001 02:48 PM

HONDA, YOU OWE YOUR RACING LIFE TO 2STROKES

500 wins!! 500 wins!! amadetto gazai-mus!!

yeah right, what a load of crap. Honda, you are on record as saying you hate 2strokes and will try to bring about the total elimination of 2strokes if your 4 strokes can't bring it about themselves, yet you bask in the glory of your accomplishment. how many of those 500 wins in the last 30 years have come by way of 4stroke engines?

hypocrites...

vfrer 04-09-2001 03:47 PM

Re: HONDA, YOU OWE YOUR RACING LIFE TO 2STROKES

Check your history. Honda won plenty of GPs in the '60s on 4 strokes and against 2 stroke and 4 stroke competition. Honda wanted to race 4 strokes in the '80s, but after several years without a win gave up. Of the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers, Honda is THE 4 stroke motorcycle company.

dexman 04-09-2001 04:11 PM

Re: HONDA, YOU OWE YOUR RACING LIFE TO 2STROKES

Still whining about 4 strokes I see. Thats all you seem to ever post about. You have issues. Sadly you dont seem to have a life. Or any idea of the huge 4 stroke history of bike racing.

john 04-09-2001 06:35 PM

wellllll, if you want to look at it like that: during last year's WSBK season, before Yamaha had officially pulled out, Haga stated in an interview that he did not like riding 2-strokes, period. Paragraph. Then Yamaha pulled out of WSBK, so Haga was "stuck" with wither going to GP's, or else goin back down to Japanes superbikes or AMA or something like that. I think he will do well, though, as the 2-strokes seem to fit the sliding style that Haga was using in WSBK.