Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Screw the Cool; Look and Drool !!!!!

Frickin' Sweet!!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I came across this site a while ago because he had a RD400 cafe racer on Ebay. I didn't buy it and now someone else is fogging their neighborhood.

He seems to specialize in Honda 4 cylinders. Nothing like the simplicity of two wheels and an air-cooled motor.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
Aero_Doc
Registered Member

Somebody explain to me what's with cafe racer's? I just don't get it. Are the bikes made to be ridden or just ridden/posed down some boulevard and parked outside a cafe all day....
Old 04-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

No. This is friggin' <a href="http://news.motorcycle.com/article.motml?thold=-1&mode=thread&order=1&sid=2283">Sweet!<a>
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

A Café racer, originally pronounced "caff" (as in Kaff) racer, is a type of motorcycle as well as a type of motorcyclist. Both meanings have their roots in the 1960s British counterculture group the Rockers or the Ton Up Club, although they were also common in Italy, amongst Italian motorcycle manufacturers and other European countries.

Rockers were a young and rebellious Rock and Roll counterculture that wanted a fast, personalised and distinctive bike to travel between transport cafés along the newly built arterial motorways in and around British towns and cities. The goal of many was to be able to reach 100 miles per hour (called simply "the ton") along such a route where the rider would leave from a cafe, race to a predetermined point and back to the cafe before a single song could play on the jukebox, this was called record-racing. They are remembered as being especially fond of Rockabilly music and their image is now embedded in today's rockabilly culture. (Courtesy of Wikipedia)

Old 04-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #6
schizuki
Founding Member

Default A reading from the Book of Velocity

In the Beginning, young men of iron on both sides of the Ocean didst strip their motorcycles of useless weight and worldly encumbrances, leaving only the Essence of the machine, which was Good, and in doing so gave their mounts the grace of Handling; they didst then perform the Holy Rites of Porting, and Polishing, and all other manner of Massaging unto the engine, and in doing so gave their mounts the grace of Speed; and they didst cavort upon the straight roads of America as Bobbers and the winding lanes of Britain as Cafe Racers, brothers in spirit. But thence came the Great Schism, when the two like tribes diverged, and the Bobbers did take the Road to Cruiserdom, and the Cafe Racers did ride to Sportbikedom, and they did pollute the lands along their paths with their abominable spawn of Choppers and Stuntaz and like manner of unholy douchebaggery. Amen.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Why, oh why, did you have to do that?

I just spent some more of my life reading 4-year-old lies by that fool. I feel a little sick now.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
schizuki
Founding Member

I've had this bike bookmarked for quite a while. I think the Cafe Racer "scene" was the absolute coolest moto culture ever. I love the idea of a modern interpretation of a cafe racer. So much so that every year I look at my Bandit and think, "Hmm, strip off the fairing, put on some rearsets and clip-ons, put on a headlight bikini fairing, chrome the tank... maybe a custom 'Ton-Up Bandit' decal on the tank..."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:17 AM   #9
schizuki
Founding Member

Cool, now I know where the tube-top reference comes from.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

AND the Boomstick/Broomstick.............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote