Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 01-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #31
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Poor Buz

PATRIOTS - Indianapolis, BRONCOS - Golf Course.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #32
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Apparently Harleys last longer in the UK

Good point. Be interesting to find out how long a cruiser rider keeps his bike vs a sportbike rider. Sportbikes are definitely the disposa-bikes of cycledom.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #33
ksquid
Banned

Default Anybody but Chicago

Touché ... I like the Pats but I am a Manning fan.. Hey your bike is a best seller in France... Anybody but Chicago
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #34
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Yellow alert!

OK my BS Meter is back to green.. but it may be driven by Antisemitism in both of those countries. But I doubt the majority of the people in Europe believe that crap...But the longer Bin Laden is free the more likely people are to believe this type of crap.. Ralph Nadar had a better way to deal with this ok .. Google Nader 9/11 Bin Laden..

P.S. When have I lied and what have I lied about? longride always says that but he never says what and when... I think longride is the type who keeps repeating B.S. over and over so others believe it..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:13 AM   #35
xlr8r
Founding Member

Default Re: HondaÂ’s CBR1000RR Tops U.K. Sales Chart.

In reply to various points so far:

UK market small in comparison with US? Yes, and in ways not shown by these figures. Cruisers are very much a minority, though one that claims to be growing, but the really big absentee is off-road-only bikes, which are a huge slice of your overall two-wheeler market, and an infinitesimal fraction of ours.

Sportbike-heavy and compensation issues? Absolutely, and not helped by the British press, including MCN, who have a very obvious speed fetish. Middleweight stuff rarely features, and when it does it is treated in a condescending manner.

High-selling 125s in the UK list? That's tiered licensing for you!

Cruiser owners keep their bikes longer than sportbike owners? Not in my experience. UK cruiser owners seem to be spend huge amounts of money on the latest chrome barge, and do it all over again two years later. Talk about disposable income...

The strange popularity of the BMW GS? Come to the UK and ride one here! It's absolutely the tool of choice for the sort of roads we have, where turns are tight and visibility is often limited. Because 99% of UK riders ride on-road all the time and never venture off ( there are legal reasons for that, but too long to explain), we see the big GS as what it really is - a road tool dressed up as a sort of two -wheel SUV; and the high-disposable stockbroker crowd love buying that badge to show their mates!

French sales charts? A better indication of what Europe as a whole wants from its bikes, without the UK's strange obssession with unusable top speed. It's to do with not having the wide open spaces of the US, as someone has rightly noted.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:17 AM   #36
KLRer
Founding Member

Watch your language BrowningBar. I'm only going to tell you once.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 AM   #37
KLRer
Founding Member

No supermotos or adventure bikes in the top ten anywhere across the pond? I thought they were quite popular over there.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:39 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

11 out of 37 (30%) so far. Looks like some things never change.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:34 AM   #39
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

A lot of them go to France and Spain for a weekend romp, Britain is becoming the speed camera capitol of the world.

They're cropping up here now, joy of joys......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 AM   #40
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

He's right for once, that style really doesn't sell well in Britain or the continent, just not their thing. The only Harley's that sell well are Sportsters,

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote