Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   Honda News (
-   -   HondaÂ’s CBR1000RR Tops U.K. Sales Chart. (

ksquid 01-14-2007 04:39 PM

Yellow alert!
My B.S. meter is starting to flash yellow schizuki !

Your link cites one French book which is hardly proof of your claim. I looked at etc didn't see one 9/11 book listed. Another google, yahoo, and ask search turned up the same results. etc. Why don't we stick to motorcycles schizuk shall we?

Wonder what the top selling motorcycle in France is?

BrowningBAR 01-14-2007 04:46 PM

Re: HondaÂ’s CBR1000RR Tops U.K. Sales Chart.
Top 5 bikes in France

1. Kawasaki Z750 - 7,160

2. Yamaha 600 Fazer/FZ6 - 6,474

3. Suzuki Bandit 650 - 5,475

4. Suzuki SV 650 - 3,420

5. Honda Hornet 600 - 2,687

(Souce: Moto Journal)

ksquid 01-14-2007 04:46 PM

Where is Yossef when you need him? probably sleeping.
Interesting data.. Is that per year? for which year? It would be interesting to see the data broken down per country.. The U.K data cited by MCN is consistent with what is said by the Brits I know who ride. It would seem perhaps that the sportbikes dominate the U.K. but standards dominate the continent of Europe..

Excellent Post BrowningBAR

ksquid 01-14-2007 04:51 PM

Re: Poor Buz

Broncos never have trouble with the Pats..Next year will be the same. Now back to bikes....

ksquid 01-14-2007 04:54 PM

I hope that your revelation of this data doesn't hurt the sale of these bikes in the U.S. just kidding .. Maybe we should call them "Freedom standards"

FrankS1 01-14-2007 05:22 PM

I have read enough English motorcycle magazines to be aware that the whole Cruiser Thing (whether Milwaukee iron or the Big 4 wannabes) doesn't arouse much interest. The item which caught my eye most was that sales of the BMW GS made it on the "top 10" list; it ain't a traditional "naked", and it fersure ain't a sports bike..

BrowningBAR 01-14-2007 05:31 PM

I'm surprised at the GS also as the price is much higher than the other models on the lists.

I would also wager that there are more cruiser type bike in the U.K. than we (u.s. riders) might suspect.

Just because it isn't 1500cc and 800lbs doesn't mean it isn't a cruiser. I know the big 4 offer a ton of little cruisers so they must be selling.

I just haven't come across any stats that relate to units sold in that category.

ksquid 01-14-2007 05:57 PM

Perhaps you are right.. but I don't think so.. I used to subscribe to Bike Mag of the U.K. I never remember any article or review of a cruiser i.e. Sportbike, STs and standards dominate... The U.K. and Europe have no 60s Biker Easy Rider period in their history etc. No Vietnam war, etc. No GPTB... I am sure we will get some U.K. riders to confirm that.. Also when I was in London, Paris and Frankfurt I never say one cruiser yet alone a Harley. They buy bikes for complete different reasons than the GPTB poser crowd.. Yossef should be able to confirm unless things have changed radically in the 6 years I have been over there.

eekadog 01-14-2007 06:21 PM

Apparently Harleys last longer in the UK
The Brits don't need to replace the cruisers like they change their underwear and sportbikes...

schizuki 01-14-2007 06:50 PM

Re: Yellow alert!
"Your link cites one French book which is hardly proof of your claim."

The book was a bestseller. France is in Europe. What part of my "claim" has not been proven?

And what part of "Google 9/11 conspiracy books bestsellers in Europe" did you find so insurmountable? Here's a quote from result number 10:

"A former German cabinet minister, Andreas von Bulow, has written a best-selling book in Germany suggesting that the U.S. and Israeli intelligence services blew up the World Trade Center from the inside, then crashed two jetliners into the buildings by remote control to cover up their actions."

Now, I realize France and Germany are tiny little countries that hardly make up a significant portion of Europe, so you'll say, "Yeah, well what about Luxembourg?" But still...

Oh, and you can shove that "BS meter" up your a$$. There's one person continually getting caught in lies here, Pinocchio. Don't project.