Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Honda News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/)
-   -   HondaÂ’s CBR1000RR Tops U.K. Sales Chart. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/4219-hondaa-s-cbr1000rr-tops-u-k-sales-chart.html)

ksquid 01-14-2007 02:44 PM

Re: We also don't...

Didn't take long for the Kook bashing to start and you guys to go off topic..Hasselhoff is a German thing. Never said Euros were smarter than Americans. Just British motorcycle riders..are smarter than the GTPB.. Where is your source on the 9/11 thing? Where is Bin Laden? Funny I spent several months in the Middle East (Israel, Jordon, Egypt, SA) didn't see too many 6'5" Arabs.. Maybe we should send W over to Afghanistan to look and let Cheney shoot him with his shotgun.. he he..

seruzawa 01-14-2007 02:44 PM

Re: HondaÂ’s CBR1000RR Tops U.K. Sales Chart.

And then you got the intermountain west where you got long stretches of road punctuated with curvy mountain roads. Sportourer country... that's REAL sporttourers... not those 600+ pound porkers. There's no place in England that's a bit like it.

Speaking of which. Where in the UK can you even begin to make use of a CBR1000? Sounds like they've got as big a bunch of compensation problems as we do.

ksquid 01-14-2007 02:58 PM

Thanks for the compliment...

Keep in mind that the U.K. which includes (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, etc.) only has around 58 million people.. The number of U.K. bike sales per 1000 people is 2.26 compared to 1.36 per 1000 people for the U.S.

ksquid 01-14-2007 03:01 PM

"Oh, YES. I see it now - the UK market sells only about a tenth of what US sales make up. Ergo, this means the CBR1000RR is the most-popular bike Worldwide" BrowingBar says that U.S. sales were

schizuki 01-14-2007 04:02 PM

"Where is your source on the 9/11 thing?"

Well, my obsolete, not-nearly-as-sophisticated-as-yours search engine ("Google") listed this as the very first result of "9/11 conspiracy books best sellers in Europe." Wasn't really that hard to do. Anything else you want me to look up for you?

I don't talk out of my a$$.

"Funny I spent several months in the Middle East (Israel, Jordon, Egypt, SA) didn't see too many 6'5" Arabs.. "

Can you explain what you mean by this? What point are you making?

schizuki 01-14-2007 04:06 PM

"Just British motorcycle riders..are smarter than the GTPB.."

Um, no, they're not, if by your idiotic "GTPB" [sic] you mean cruiser riders. Instead of just saying "Nuh-uh", tell me what part of my reasoning in my original post you disagree with.

schizuki 01-14-2007 04:08 PM

"Speaking of which. Where in the UK can you even begin to make use of a CBR1000? Sounds like they've got as big a bunch of compensation problems as we do."

Just a different kind of posing, innit?

BrowningBAR 01-14-2007 04:17 PM

French motorcycle magazine Moto Journal published statistics on the top 5 sales of motorcycles of the top 5 European countries.

Top 5 bikes in Spain, UK, France, Germany, Italy.

The Top 5 of the top 5 European countries:

1. Yamaha Fazer/FZ6 - 26,015

2. BMW R1200GS - 12,854

3. Kawazaki Z750 - 12,309

4. Suzuki Bandit 650 - 11,320

5. Honda Hornet 600 - 10,904

...not one "real" sportbike in the lineup. All standards/nakads.

schizuki 01-14-2007 04:26 PM

"4. Suzuki Bandit 650 - 11,320"

Well, how 'bout that! I guess those Euros are at least as smart as some Americans. Good bike for New England-y Europe.

schizuki 01-14-2007 04:36 PM

Re: Poor Buz

Hmm, funny you haven't gotten an "Off Topic." Anyway:

"I am sure outside of Chicago everyone in the rest of the U.S. will be cheering for New Orleans.."

Not me. After they re-elected Chocolate City Ray, I said "F**k 'em." Morons. They're not the only place to get hit by a disaster, but they're the only place whose stupidity made it worse and who have learned absolutely nothing since.

"Won't matter cause the Colts win the Superbowl.."

As San Diego proved, the Pats don't win nearly as much as their opponents lose. Something about playing the Pats turns people into Nagins. Dropped passes, dumb fumbles, insipid personal fouls - the Bolts gave it away and so will the Colts. Watch Peyton turn into Eli. Pats win another Super Bowl. Yawn.