Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Honda News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/)
-   -   Hayden to Remain with Honda (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/3925-hayden-remain-honda.html)

wilro09 09-22-2006 07:11 AM

Re: Hayden to remain with Honda

So is he experimenting with an 800CC ride for the future???

SmokeU 09-22-2006 07:29 AM

Maybe all the squids will start buying Interceptors now that 800cc is the "in" thing.

Thig 09-22-2006 07:39 AM

Actually 800cc is not a bad idea for many reasons. Insurance cost usually drops when you get below 1000cc and hopefully inexperienced riders will not let the throttle hand write a check they can't cash.

I don't really care what brand Nicky rides, I just want him to win the championship.

Thig

Tigercub 09-22-2006 08:16 AM

Monday, after the race, apparently.

seruzawa 09-22-2006 08:19 AM

The current GSXR750 has better power and torque than the 600s without giving away any handling. And it'll give the literbikes fits when in competent hands. The fact that the 750 class went away is a monument to the follow-the-leader-sheeple mentality of the squids. Why would anyone give up the obvious superiority of the 750 just because some sanctioning body invented a racing class?

Tigercub 09-22-2006 08:19 AM

Good for Nicky for sticking it out with Honda. He's loyal, I just hope Honda reciprocates.

Anyway, pray for good weather this weekend in Japan, good clutch and tire grip at the end of the race. Go Nicky!!!

Tigercub 09-22-2006 08:23 AM

It takes a mature rider to know that the best bike for gong to the track to watch the 600 supersport race is an electraglide! Got my sun tan lotion, sandwiches, beer and my best girl on the back.

Tadgh 09-22-2006 08:35 AM

as a 750 owner i totally agree with you, 600 handling with plenty of usable power...no spinning up the rear or big wheelies off the power like the 1000....perfect bike for the track and surprisingly comfortable on the road despite what people would think to look at it....

i commute to work on one every day ..the k5 anniversary edition

acecycleins 09-22-2006 08:36 AM

I made this call the other day and HRC stepped up before rather than after the race. Must mean that the chasis Nicky has been testing is for the new 800. Hope the clutch works. Did you hear that Yamaha actually offer $2mil over the last HRC offer? HRC and Nicky went half way and we're all smiling. Although Nicky being Vale's teammate again would have made for an interesting next season.

Buzglyd 09-22-2006 08:55 AM

Come on now. Squids are the most open-minded of all riders.

Look how distinct each 600 is from one another.