Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #21
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Re: Hayden to remain with Honda

The problem with being the #1 rider with HRC is you must use the equipment they give you. This year Nicky has been seriously hampered with Honda's new, undeveloped chassis. He has had to use it even though the old chassis was better. To test and develop during the season is grossly unfair to Nicky, but you do it HRC's way or sayonara. I hope it doesn't cost him this year's championship. The advantage next year hopefullywill be that Honda is way ahead on developing an 800cc bike. Let's hope so (remember when MotoGp started, Honda was at least 2-3 years ahead of everyone else). Now here's my dream.....Nicky on a Bridgestone shod Duc kicking Honda's and Vale's Michelin equipped mega techno toys. That would be truly classic, even better than Eddie beating Wayne and HRC Honda on his Kawasaki during the 1980's AMA Superbike series.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #22
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: GMP predictions come true again

I can't think of anything that hasn't been thought of already.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #23
Tigercub
Founding Member

Illegal pass aside Rossi is truely amazing - that last pass just before the finish last weekend.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:57 PM   #24
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Don't you mean pray for rain?
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #25
Gluge
Registered Member

Uh? surely your crazy. A GSXR-750 is not going to handle any better than the GSXR-1000. Why would it? Weight you might say? right because at 6.6 lbs heavier that really effects handling... ??

I'm sorry but I don't see whats superior about the 750's at all. The 600's and 1000's are so close in terms of weight and handling the only difference is the power, so the question is how much do you want? personaly a 600 seems like plenty enough to me.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #26
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: GMP predictions come true again

Monomania and delusions of grandeur. Par for the course.

FWIW, I do NOT see a big push for 800cc sportbikes for the foreseeable future. 600's are a production class - if I'm not mistaken, MotoGP machinery will continue NOT to be. As usual, kpaul is crowing about predictions that haven't come to pass. And probably won't.

My prediction? For the next five years (at least), V-twin sportbikes will outnumber 800cc sportbikes. And kpaul will continue to crow about his perspicacity despite predicting exactly the opposite.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #27
schizuki
Founding Member

"the only difference is the power, so the question is how much do you want? personaly a 600 seems like plenty enough to me."

Ever hear of torque? It's nice on the street.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:20 PM   #28
Gluge
Registered Member

just rev it! torque is just another way of expressing power, so I ment torque as well. I guess I should have said power curve.

I fine it fun to have to rev the crap out of something to make it go. But then I drive a 2-stroke car so I guess I'm used to it.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:42 PM   #29
schizuki
Founding Member

Fair enough.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #30
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

"...Eddie beating Wayne and HRC Honda"

What year are you talking about?
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote