Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

View Poll Results: Will the New Honda Dominate the Middleweight Class in Next Year's Shootout?
No! Honda always dumbs down their bikes too much. 7 14.58%
Yes; this time will be different. 13 27.08%
Maybe; it depends on what else comes out. 18 37.50%
WHO CAREZ? I WANTZ A GSXR-1000!!! 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #21
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Re: All-New 2007 Honda CBR600RR Announced

Could it be that the things we like most about HondaÂ’s cars are the things that bore us about their motorcycles?

The last new Honda motorcycle that captured my imagination was the Valkyrie. Not my style of motorcycle, mind you, but kudos to Honda for going its own way with a cruiser. A good, fresh idea, well executed.

Incremental performance improvements such as the ones on the upcoming CBR600RR are necessary to meet Honda’s racing goals, and I’m sure that all of their motorcycles will benefit from the technology in the near future. But c’mon – this is the company that brought us the CB750, the CBX, the CX500, the VFR500 Interceptor, and the Hawk GT .

Hey, Honda, enough with the incremental refinements, already! WhereÂ’s the bold innovation?

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #22
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: This is because...

LOL good one redstater i.e reddx....
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #23
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Bottom line is how it will perform compared to the competition. Honda has been out of touch with the sportbike market for a while now. Twenty pounds, a few more horsepower, and a bunch more torque from 7-10,000 sounds like a good start if it puts it a the head of the class, though I still hate heavy, hot undertail exhausts.

To me, the big question in the sportbike market is how Suzuki will top the current 1000 with it's '07 redesign. Now that's one helluva challenge (for those that are interested, there's a picture of the '07 Gixxer Thou' in the September issue of the British mag TWO on page 7).
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #24
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Note to self. Just read the articles. If I feel compelled to look at reader feedback only read major replies, ignore minor replies.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #25
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: This is because...

A friend of mine has an RC51. On one of our favorite roads, there are a series quick left/right/left/right type turns where you can also see ahead. He just abosolutely buries me an my poor old VFR every time. But it's ok, because after that the road gets all bumpy and potholed, with rippled, patched spots here and there, and I usually ride by him about there, able to maintain my pace without any trouble. When we get to the end of the road, one of the options is to just turn around and retrace our route. If anybody was keeping score, it would be about a wash, all things considered, up to the point. But we still have eighty or ninety miles till we're home. He can probably still wax my ass on that set of chicanes, but by know he's too wore out to try. On the way back, he often wants to swap bikes, and, when we get to his bike's favorite part of the road, I see why he likes his bike. Still, on the way back, it's him that wants to ride mine, and not the other way around.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:41 PM   #26
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Wow!

That's kinda the deal with VFRs , ST-4 and 3s, and the triumph triple: maybe I'm missing a few others. I'm guessing none of them needed a steering damper to be ridden safely, and yet can keep up with the really high tech stuff on public roads--at least until they figure out a way to let you know that a decreasing radius, off camber, gravel covered corner is coming up.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #27
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

None of us have any idea what you could possibly be talking about.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #28
DC_Dave
Founding Member

Default If Imitation Is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

Yamaha ought to be mighty flattered!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #29
Akuma007
Registered Member

And guess what, Honda? The ZX6R is still better looking and a better bike!!

See ya next year when the next ZX6R comes around to spank ya again!

Akuma007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #30
maladg
Registered Member

Hmmm, another new 600 sports.

And here I was at the edge of my seat thinking that THIS IS THE YEAR!! When Honda brings in a smartly revamped Varadaro, finally gets the ST13 right (more power, less weight, less scooter lookin', no more death ray mufflers) AND does the Superhawk right...ie, very light, very comfy, very fast, great handling, higher fuel capacity, factory luggage SPORT-tourer.

silly me.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote