Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Honda News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/)
-   -   All-New 2007 Honda CBR600RR Announced (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/3884-all-new-2007-honda-cbr600rr-announced.html)

seruzawa 09-08-2006 09:56 AM

Re: This is because...

I guarantee you that I can find roads around here that'll have all the squids on CBRZXGSXYZ999s crying "Uncle" pretty damm quick. HWY 89 between Sigurd and Bryce Canyon will seperate the men from the boyz mos rikiteek. Unfortunately that road is over 100 miles from the nearest Burger Barn.

ksquid 09-08-2006 10:18 AM

Defending Honda

It is very obvious the GPTB members, grumpy old men, have not done their reading. But that doesn't stop them from being cynical.
[*] No longride the new CBR is not just 3 pounds lighter rather it's a whooping 17-pounds lighter [/b]
[*] No seruzawa the new CBR is not more uncomfortable but but more comfortable

[*]No bigdx the new CBR is not less powerful but but more powerful[/b]

Here is a partial list of new stuff

class-leading power-to-weight ratio for outstanding acceleration and handling.

Smaller, lighter, more compact inline four-cylinder engine.

Improved midrange performance and enhanced peak power.

Significant weight reduction in engine and chassis.

Repositioned transmission shafts within crankcase allow for shorter engine.

New lightweight, forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot peening for added toughness.

Lightweight magnesium head cover.

New, single exhaust valve-springs.

Smaller, lighter neodium magnet ACG.

New transmission gear ratios.

Smaller, lighter clutch.

New front-brake vertical-piston master-cylinder system.

Lighter weight stainless steel four-into-one exhaust features new inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for maximum performance.

New intake-air control valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.

etc etc.

Way to go Honda!

ksquid 09-08-2006 10:20 AM

Not me... You just have to go to the gym..

seruzawa 09-08-2006 10:28 AM

GFY.

bigdx 09-08-2006 10:36 AM

Are you really this stupid or are you a foreigner who cannot comprehend English?

eekadog 09-08-2006 10:38 AM

Re: Defending Honda

maybe i should give you 11.94 a year....

bigdx 09-08-2006 10:47 AM

Funny how this little penile implant is supposedly in his forties but speaks disparagingly about folks his own age.

And what type of bum must you be if at forty-something you cannot afford something better to ride that a small bore vintage ricer? I did better than that at age 18.

johnnyb 09-08-2006 12:04 PM

Re: All-New 2007 Honda CBR600RR Announced

Looks like it was built by Suzuki and rebadged does it not? I think Honda has just lost its way i really do. Zero original thinking going on there. Charles has learned to golf.

gforces 09-08-2006 12:12 PM

Re: Defending Honda

Don't get me wrong, I love Honda, and you can pry my hawk gt from my dead cold hands, but here's what I read:

class-leading power-to-weight ratio for outstanding acceleration and handling. (read: not as light as R6 though)

Smaller, lighter, more compact inline four-cylinder engine. (read: above)

Improved midrange performance and enhanced peak power. (read: before midrange was crappy and peak power wasn't as high as competition)

Significant weight reduction in engine and chassis. (read: did we say it was lighter?)

Repositioned transmission shafts within crankcase allow for shorter engine. (ho hum)

New lightweight, forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot peening for added toughness. (read: it's a honda!)

Lightweight magnesium head cover. (read: did we say it was lighter?)

New, single exhaust valve-springs. (read: last year's 2 exhaust valve-springs are now blase')

Smaller, lighter neodium magnet ACG. (what?)

New transmission gear ratios. (read: longer so that we can pass emissions and stats will be high in the top speed category)

Smaller, lighter clutch. (read: increased expense as you have to replace it more often)

New front-brake vertical-piston master-cylinder system. (read: Even though most customers don't even have the skills to brake effectively, we're just spicing up the spec list)

Lighter weight stainless steel four-into-one exhaust features new inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for maximum performance. (read: did we say it was lighter? and you'll be replacing this with a louder one anyway)

New intake-air control valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed. (read: our fuel injection is not as jerky this year)

etc etc.

Where's the 599 with the 600RR motor/susp? or the 919 with the 1000RR motor and susp? or with RC51 motor/susp? Notice I've mentioned bikes that would require minimal dev money and because all the tooling is already there, good profits.

I'll be shopping for your really really cool bikes of the past like the VF1000R (~420pds, 122 hp) and the six-cylinder CBX--not these (me too!) bikes.

ksquid 09-08-2006 12:15 PM

Re: All-New 2007 Honda CBR600RR Announced

Yep the fairing does look like a Suzuki.. Even the boy racer graphics, which I can't stand, are similiar. Mechanically though it looks like it should be contender. More relaxed ergos is step forward. I thing it will be nteresting to see the new ZX-6R. and R1 I think Kawasaki did a good thing by going away from the racer boy graphics a few years ago... Hope the R1 continues it's good looks... You might tell Mr Yamaha (while you guys are the golf course) that kpaul doesn't like the looks of the R6 that much specially the arse end.. So he better not bring out a R1 thats bears a strong family resemblence to the R6..i.e hope they stir up the DNA..