Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Honda News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/)
-   -   Add two more wheels and you will have....... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/3015-add-two-more-wheels-you-will-have.html)

BMW4VWW 09-08-2005 02:41 PM

New e-mail address

Been listening to Robert Johnson lately?

FrankS1 09-08-2005 02:48 PM

Re: Now a cooling compressor isn't a bad idea

Back in the Apollo days, an outfit in Ohio made cooling suits for astronauts. There were a bunch of tubes, it looked quite a lot like the chain mail they wear in those middle ages hack and gouge movies. For astronaut use, they just evaporated water into space. With a Gold Wing, you'd plug into the compressor fittings (right next to the auxiliary electric outlet).

Having ridden in Phoenix in mid summer, I'd like to have something like that. In fact, I'd like it enough to leave the BMW at home and rent a Wing for the occasion.

seruzawa 09-08-2005 05:05 PM

Re: New e-mail address

Eric "Mr. Clean" Clapton actually.

desertbilly 09-08-2005 06:18 PM

Re: Huge tourers

Are you in Colorado? I was up the last weekend in August because of the weather, and I did see a dozen Wings for every BMW. I think it's common for Wingers to plan their CO trip in August. At the end of September, I'll go up thru Utah for a long weekend. Freddie Spencer school in Nov. After that, I'll start focusing on California. A lot of Wings roll 10,000 to 20,000 miles a year. (admittedly a lot of those are social miles.)

Not that I've got anything against BMW's; I'll get a GS in 06 for city/shorter/dirty/lighter touring duty.

gbrummett 09-08-2005 06:32 PM

S2000 is the pig

Sorry, but my Wing will out run an S2000 very easily! Not to mention Mustang GT's etc.

Ill keep my Wing

epinkert 09-08-2005 07:43 PM

Re: Add two more wheels and you will have.......

Holy smokes! That thing looks like a giant white butt in the rider's face. I'm sure that the device will be all kinds of helpful in a crash, but man did I do a double-take when I saw that picture.

CaptainColon 09-09-2005 02:38 AM

Who cares, an ejection seat is totaly badass no matter what!

ccmun 09-09-2005 08:43 AM

Why do sporties scoff at Touries...You said "it feels like half a Civic (and costs as much...). Thats the point.

Although I do agree with you...If that does it for you...who am I to question that ?

jeffs 09-13-2005 09:39 AM

When's the last time the airbag in your car went off from hitting a "road irregularity".

I know you're just trying to make a point, but instead you're just sounding rediculous

jeffs 09-13-2005 09:41 AM

Re: Huge tourers

It doesn't make sense to compare the Wing to the entire line of BMW cycles. If you want to be more accurate, compare the wing to the LT. How many LT's do you see around...anywhere? Right!