Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 01-30-2001, 11:39 AM   #71
bobdog
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reveals Four-Stroke GP Motor!

Hmmm ... let's see. Haga waxed everybody last year, including Colin Edwards on numerous occasions, riding a bike that is probably the most underpowered in the paddock.

And I'm talking about after the ephedrine bust, numnuts.

He already knows the tracks. He knows the two-stroke. He will win the world championship in 2001.
bobdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2001, 12:09 PM   #72
GboroGoose
Founding Member

Default Re: What Happens When 4strokes Lose in Grand Prix

Hey, if 2 strokes are the best engine, how come most everything that flies with an internal combustion engine (excepting lowly ultralight kites and a few small helicopters) runs a 4 stroke? Could it be that diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks applies to something other than sexual orientation? But then again, this discussion has drifted far from the original Honda engine.
GboroGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 12:20 PM   #73
suzukis-suck
Founding Member

What the HELL are you talking about jobu? You smoke way too much crack. Honda will have more test miles on this bike before it's first race than you have probably ever ridden! They have had the new engine in the current chassis testing it against the current 2 stroke version.

Yamaha has already been testing a 4 stroker that is lapping faster consistently over a second faster than any fast lap on the current machine.

I am all for a CBR929 with this motor in it!!

2 strokes suck!!!!!!!!!!!
suzukis-suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 12:27 PM   #74
suzukis-suck
Founding Member

It's NUMBNUTS DUMBASS! Haga rides like a idiot because of his inferior machine. If he rode straight up he would never end. NO WAY HAGE BEATS ROBERTS, ROSSI OR BIAGGI! NO WAY!

HEYWOULD YABLOWME
suzukis-suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 12:44 PM   #75
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Senor Eduardo?

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 12:57 PM   #76
stevegrab
Founding Member

Who cares what online service he subscribes to. Yep, I'm on AOL, and I took that as a personal comment. What the hell does our online service have to do with anything. I started on AOL years ago, and never had a good reason to leave. (The fact that others were leaving in droves is not a good reason, that's just following the hords.)

So what's your online service? RumperRoom.com? Grow up, and find something valid to comment on.

And like other said, its or it's, probably a typo. But I guess you never make mistakes.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 02:59 PM   #77
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default More info!

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/30jan...asv5motor.html

The article has an official press release from Honda stating that the engine will have round pistons, not oval, and 4 valves per cylinder. Clears up some of the speculation surrounding the engine. Or Honda could just be trying to throw the competition off... Interesting article by motorcycledaily.com- this seems to be a really hot topic on every motorcycle site out there!
Old 01-30-2001, 05:42 PM   #78
redvtr
Founding Member

I'm type-o...
redvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 05:46 PM   #79
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default you know very little about motorcycles

and even less about grand prix
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 05:52 PM   #80
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default I thought we were talking about motorcycles

because if we are, you will find that 2strokes dominate every form of sport where they are allowed. EVERY ONE. motocross is completley dominated by 2strokes. grand prix is completley dominated by 2strokes. trials is completely dominated by 2strokes. what motorcycle won the baja 1000 9 straight times in the 1990's? a kawasaki kx500 - 2stroke. do 2strokes dominate flat-tracking? no, because they were OUTLAWED after kr destroyed the field with his tz-750 2stroke.

like i said in an earlier post, only legislation can beat a 2stroke.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote