Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 01-31-2001, 02:02 PM   #111
RideFree
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Reveals Four-Stroke GP Motor!

They don't suck as good as your mother though!!!
RideFree is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2001, 04:41 PM   #112
TobyT
Founding Member

Default Tires

NASACR and CART are running in the 750hp range no? Goodyear, Hoosier, others seem to handle it ok.
TobyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 05:58 AM   #113
jota
Founding Member

In the words of Jeremy McWilliams as quoted by Glenn LeSanto in MO's Ally Pally article:

"I think it's a good thing," he says. "The 500s had started to stagnate. They aren't very relevant to the real world of bikes anymore. At least with the manufacturers putting their efforts into four-stroke development, the things they learn from racing should benefit road bikes." Well-said Jeremy. Anyone who doesn't agree with his sentiment would do well to compare the dohc 16 valve, four-cylinder superbike they are riding today with the MVs, Gileras and Hondas that dominated GPs more than thirty years ago."

Jota

jota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 06:06 AM   #114
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

"Haga will beat Roberts like a red-headed stepchild."

I think not, remember;

Roberts BEAT Doohan, straight up, in two races, in his first season on the Suzuki in '99 I believe. We never got a chance to see if he would do it consistant enough to be champ, but that's life. I don't see Haga being as much a threat in his first season as the renewed Biaggi, the amazing Rossi, or the wildman McCoy. Should be interesting though....
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 06:15 AM   #115
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: Capt. Kawi

Yeah, it's a lot faster. Even the weight of your mother on the back doesn't seem to slow it down as much.
Old 02-01-2001, 06:32 AM   #116
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: Technology trickle-down

Wow, a bright point of light in the darkness of pointless "xyz sucks" posts!

I have a few counterpoints, however:

1) Most of the chassis advances with respect to information on ENGINE placement within the chassis and mass centralization, the stacked and cassette-type transmissions, and data acquisition were pioneered in 2-stroke design.

2) My other (main) point is actually summed up in your last paragraph about "some" advances in 4-stroke technology limited to racing engines, because of cost. IT IS THESE VERY TECHNOLOGIES/MATERIALS THAT WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE COMPETITIVE WITH THE 2-STROKES IN GRAND PRIX, AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHY WE'LL NEVER SEE THEM ON STREET BIKES...... There, I feel oh-so less retentive now....

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-02-2001, 09:11 AM   #117
moose
Founding Member

HEY BRAIN GIANT TAKE 2:

you are so smart to include harley & race engines in the same sentence. that killed you right there.

second, in your wildest faggot dreams harley could make a titanium inline 4. what are they waiting to stop the embarrasment of the VR project? after 7 years of near finishes, they should sell that motor to morons like you.

and to respond to your 1st post, sportbike riders would not like to live in denial. you do.

do not respond anymore. you are one really big ass. and you are one reason harley sells most of the tractors they claim to make.
moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 05:01 PM   #118
bobdog
Founding Member

Well, what can I say? I'm a Haga fan ... I have his helmet! I don't even ride a Yamaha. I just like the way the guy pitches it in. Plus, I always take the outside bets.
bobdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 12:53 AM   #119
john
Founding Member

ok, since you persist to ignore reason, the motorcycle uses (basically) a helicopter motor. I assume you are not a liar, so i must also assume you saw an entirely different show, because this bike was no 160 mph (comparitive) slouch. oh, and BTW, if you read the british Superbike magazine, they had a 348 hp busa that topped out at 220. it was about 30 grand. this TURBINE powered bike is about 90 grand HUGE differnece, granted. BUT the bikes are totally different, and, although i cant afford, i think the price is justified.

Dammit, the company that has the bike i am talking about is MARINE TURBINE, not this max turbine you are talking about. two different bikes, and apparetnly two totally different performance levels.
Old 02-03-2001, 01:04 AM   #120
john
Founding Member

i will respond, because you are a complete moron.

Harley could build a competitive motor, THEY CHOOSE NOT TOO. Being as they had the largest percentage of the motorcycle market last year they definitely have the funds to do so.

Harley can make a race engine as easily as SAAB can, and SAAB isnt exactly known for racing. But yet they had a 800 hp car that dominated Pikes Peak recently. You are the clueless, ignorant idiot who denies anything that does not agree with your particular outlook on life.

You do not want to accept the fact that everything changes. You refuse to believe that there willl ever be another change in the world. I pity you. IDIOT

HARLEY CAN MAKE RACE ENGINE BECAUSE IT ALL COMES DOWN TO MONEY, WHICH THEY HAVE ENOUGH OF. FOR GOD'S SAKE, DAEWOO COULD MAKE A RACE ENGINE IF THEY HAD ENOUGH MONEY. THE DOLLAR RULES ALL!!!!!!!!