Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 03-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #11
MRALLCAPS
Founding Member

Default I DON'T KNOW WHAT DAT MANDARIN SHIZNIT IZ

BUT I DO KNOW WUN THING, HOMIE: NOTHING WILL WHEELIE LIKE A GSX-R 1000. DON'T LET ALL THESE PUSSIEZ TELL YOU A TINY ISLAND IZ TOO SMALL TO DO WHEELIEZ ON- ALL YOU NEED IS A BLOCK OR TWO, UNLEZZ THE ISLAND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT IZ LIKE THE ISLAND IN A NEW YORKER CARTOON WITH ONE PALM TREE ON IT AND THREE COCONUTZ. THEN MAYBE YOU DON'T REALLY NEED A MOTORCYCLE, BUT A LADDER.

SERIOUZLY, THOUGH, IF YOU'VE NEVER RIDDEN A MOTORCYCLE BEFORE, MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEND THE FIRST FEW DAYZ ON THE CBR1000RR WITHOUT PUTTING A PIPE AND POWER COMMANDER ON IT FOR SAFETY'Z SAKE.
MRALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 CBR1000RR v.s. 2005 CBR600RR

I'm gonna go check the blog and read the in-depth review of your most recent comment. brb!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:04 AM   #13
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: I DON'T KNOW WHAT DAT MANDARIN SHIZNIT IZ

How's he going to learn to ride a real bike (i.e., one with nitrous) if he waits to put on a pipe and powercommander?

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:26 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

I'd think that a 600 might even be too big for a larger island like Oahu or Okinawa. Where could you begin to use the performance?
Old 03-08-2005, 05:46 AM   #15
ValkBandit
Registered Member

i recommend the literbike. it's mo betta for outsprinting tsunamis.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:42 AM   #16
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default For small islands...

A good sturdy kite and some rollerskates will do just fine.

Okay, okay, kites won't always be a feasable idea.

Go small. Go manueverable. Go reliable. Go NINJA 250!
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #17
mattkane
Founding Member

Travis,

We need more information on your island, and the types of riding you'll be doing. If there are no highways, racetracks or backroads with clean, smooth pavement, I'd steer clear of sportbikes altogether. If you'll be riding short distances only, around town and on bumpy backroads, get a dirtbike and put street wheels on it . . .

/matt
mattkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:22 PM   #18
gceaves
Registered Member

Always buy local, as local as possible. Try to get your hands on an only-slightly used model. Make sure it's a make that's popular with the local delivery boys and taxi riders. Such locally popular models will be cheaper for parts and the neighbourhood mechanic will know how to fix it.

Never, ever get a big fat Yank mobile. It'll be the end of pleasurable biking. Such a machine will come to own you, instead of the other way around. YouÂ’ll worry about it when parked. You'll draw attention to yourself. It might even be thrashed, laughed at, extremely expensive and a target for mild-mannered thievery and defacement.

When you're away from your bike, you don't want anyone to be able to tell that it belongs to a non-local. Your bike should blend.

That being said, try to get the coolest, biggest, fastest local model available, and then customize it to the max. Try to join local boy racer clubs, too. Jap has some pretty cool top-end machines. Kor has one or two, too, but they arenÂ’t widely available yet. Elsewhere in the Orient, just ride whatever the local cops ride.

gceaves

Hyosung GV250

Seoul, Korea
gceaves is offline   Reply With Quote