Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 02-09-2005, 06:52 AM   #51
lukam
Founding Member

Default Re: Sorry, I got here late, looks-like a good-one...

Thank you Japan Inc. for listening to an American named Deming... unlike the americans who only listened to their wallets........
lukam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2005, 08:21 AM   #52
pdad13
Founding Member

Very true. But they not only listened, they practiced what Deming preached. Isn't ironic that American manufacturers only caught on after getting their brains beaten out?

And as consumers in a free market economy (issues of dumping in the 70s aside for now), we're supposed to listen to our wallets.

How do you think the American auto industry improved? Do you think that all of the executives from the Big Three woke up one morning and thought, all at the same time, "Ya know, we've been selling some crappy cars for awhile because the American people have no other choice than to buy them. I'm in a good mood today, so let's build some better cars. What the hell, right?"

For that matter, do you think that's how Harleys got better? I'm pretty sure it didn't happen that way.

Wanna really be horrified? Look at the crap that the people of the old Soviet bloc were forced to drive and ride because they allowed no real competition.

"Yes comrade, I've got a beautiful 1990 olive drab, 19hp Ural. I must rebuild it every 3000 miles, and carry a bucket of oil every place I go, but it is made in the great U.S.S.R.! Let the capitalist pig dogs ride the decadent Japanese machines. Someday, after the workers' revolution, they will dream of owning a Ural."

Now think of all the excellent bikes we have to choose from today, no matter where they originate from.

(By the way, if I'm not mistaken, many Honda products, including motorcycles, are designed and built, at least in part, by Americans. The same goes for the other Big Four manufacturers.)
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #53
lukam
Founding Member

Actually I was too lazy to write out the long explanation that you did, but yes the Japanese HAD to practice what Deming preached because they did produce pretty crappy stuff in a war torn country in the 50s and early 60s. Unlike the American companies who became complacent with making money no matter what they produced...autos, steel, electronics, etc..... there was no real motivation to implement Demings ideas until better products mainly from japan kicked american executives in the butt to start competing with other manufacturers around the world. Imagine if a single industry in America would have adopted Demings statistical tools in the 50s or 60s things would look a lot different now....
lukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:24 AM   #54
pdad13
Founding Member

So you go and make we write all that crap?

Anyway, I agree totally. American (and European/British) manufacturers had no real incentive to build anything better. Until the Japanese came along, that is.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #55
DaveFla
Founding Member

Default Re: Clipped Wings

Is this a good time to remember what happened when the Honda V4s were first introduced, now around twenty years ago?

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:29 AM   #56
Anastasey
Founding Member

Default Re: What the F$%^!!!

Could a bought an 05 LT!!!!!!!!!
Anastasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:33 PM   #57
trailduster440
Founding Member

No, Actually I heard they just bought a whole truckload of J B Weld to be distributed to all of the dealerships doing the repairs, because it has a better HOLD rating than thier factory welds do.
trailduster440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #58
AddictDan
Founding Member

I'm new here but has anyone checked all Motorcycle recalls?

Check this site and look at 2005 models, no Hondas there!

http://motorcycles.about.com/cs/moto...otorecalls.htm

However about every Harley made has a recall on it and even the BMW's have recalls on them. Looks like all the bashers need to take a look and see who is in the lead!
AddictDan is offline   Reply With Quote