Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 01-30-2005, 08:31 AM   #21
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Re: Time for Auto Trans?

Oooooo..

With a paddle shifter on the left handgrip...

No, wait. We're talking about BMW. None of the controls will be where you'd expect.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #22
iamz
Founding Member

I am really unimpressed by the many rude responses to this post. The guy is simply posting a question. Is it really necessary to insult him in every way possible?
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:48 AM   #23
Agent0090
Founding Member

Default How about a CVT?

While I am a great fan of manual transmissions (anything smaller than my Ford LTD really ought to come with one), I agree that some of the responses were quite rude, even ought-to-induce-the-ire-of-the-moderator rude.

What about CVTs? My understanding is that they offer an infinite number of possible gearing ratios. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to keep your RPMs in the sweet spot of the power band without shifting gears? I would probably pay big money for a CVT transmission that let me control the gear ratio when I felt like it, and also had a computer brain to take over when I didn't. Honda has used a CVT in the Civic for a while now, and Ford is now using CVTs on the new 500 sedan (about the size of my LTD). Plus, motorcycles don't have the additional complication of requiring a reverse gear.

Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #27
schizuki
Founding Member

I agree, iamz. The level of rampant a$$holery being displayed is completely out of proportion to the question.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:10 AM   #28
sarnali
Founding Member

I assume you're talking about using the clutch lever.....They could set it up like a tip-tronic or auto-stick. Maybe up and lock for Drive and down and squeeze to up-shift- down and push for down shift., or up and lock for Drive and use the footshift for the auto-stick.

My wifes Hyundai has auto-stick, I don't think she uses it much, but I wring it out now and again. It'd probably be more fun in a 911
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:11 AM   #29
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Sarcasm for Red Staters

"I know it is hard for you Red Staters who watch FoX News to understand anything past a 6 grade level"

Yeah, as opposed to blue staters who swallow every utterance from that fact-raping planetoid Michael Moore.

What number is "Sniff derisively about watching Fox News" in the Mindless Left-Wing Boilerplate All-Purpose Prepackaged Replies handbook? I'm guessing somewhere between "It's all about oil" and "Halliburton!" It's cool, though - as long as you folks are mindlessly regurgitating instead of thinking past your catch-phrases, you'll keep yourselves marginalized.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #30
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Sarcasm for Red Staters

OH, BTW, genius - perhaps blitz couldn't detect your Oscar Wilde-caliber drollery if he hadn't seen the feedback you're referring to.