Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 02-03-2004, 02:53 AM   #1
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Lots of silence out there.

Could it be that no MOFOers had the bad taste to actually buy one? Or the economic bad judgement?

If a Rune falls off it's sidestand in the middle of a forest, is it still ugly?

LOL!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2004, 03:30 AM   #2
SuperSquid
Registered Member

Default MFI in Woodbridge, VA was selling two of them for around 23K when I was in DC

for the International Motorcycle show. I have a feeling that not as many people would drop 26K on a Rune as would on a Harley or some Eye-talian exotica.
SuperSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:37 AM   #3
jhinton
Registered Member

Default Rune Sales

The two honda dealers in my area said they had their Runes sold before the bikes ever reached the showroom. They had some sort of deal that they had to stay on display for 3 months or so, but after that they disappeared.
jhinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:17 AM   #4
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: MFI in Woodbridge, VA was selling two of them for around 23K when I was in DC

Why not? Rather than some cookie cutter bike with a couple of different chrome pieces, you get a unique bike that you dont see driving down the road everyday.
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:21 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Rune Sales

There was one at Honda-Suzuki of Salt Lake last month. It disappeared last week.

The salesguy wasn't very happy when I stood there pointing at it while laughing uproariously. I couldn't help it. It's about the silliest looking thing this side of a BMW1200C.

The salesguy did say it got "mixed reactions".

I'd rather put 26K on a Mini-Cooper.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:23 AM   #6
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Two sitting in the showroom

The Honda dealer in our area "Mesa Arizona" has two sitting in the showroom for some time now.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:59 AM   #7
joshuabailey
Founding Member

I used to work for Honda Canada head office and I still have some dealer friends and they wish they could get more Runes. Price is not an issue they say. As with 99% of motorcyclists that I know, Rune buyers want something no body else does and they want to be noticed.

If there was an unlimited supply they would run into trouble but demand still seems to be outstripping supply. Most dealers still are getting over MSRP in many cases and there are wait lists.
joshuabailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:11 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default No wait lists here

I can buy a Rune at my local Honda dealer 2 blocks from my house. Been sitting there for 3 months and he's discounting. Give me the name of someone on a wait list and he can buy this one right now.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:22 AM   #9
maladg
Registered Member

I've seen several on the road in N and NW GA. Even saw one in a smaller town. Pretty small sample size, but at least a few have been seen.

As for looks, depends on the eye of the beholder. I see a custom built for Buzz Lightyear by the well know custom builder, Captain Nemo. Others like it.

Memo to some: that you don't like it means the following - zip, zero, nada.

Same goes for me.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:25 AM   #10
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

My Honda dealer, Maxey's Cycles had the first two sold at MSRP so he got a third one from a smaller dealer as his floor model. That one has been on the floor for a few months now but he won't be in any hurry to sell it. It brings people into the showroom. It really is an amazing motorcycle.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote