Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Honda News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/)
-   -   Rune Sales (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/honda-news/2314-rune-sales.html)

Mr_Bigglesworth 02-04-2004 08:34 PM

Re: Rune Sales

I have two, a red and a black, for sale here at my Marin, CA dealership. They get a lot of attention, but no bites yet - it seems people aren't quite ready to pay $25 - 30k for a Honda. Oh well - the Acura NSX performs right up there with a Ferrari but people won't pay $150k for that kind of Honda either.

I used to build custom Harleys for Oakland H-D, and to my eye the Rune is a good-looking, extremely well finished instant classic. Given how much they cost me, I'd really prefer to sell them, but if I end up keeping one it will be a great showpiece years from now. Honda only made 1500 of them, btw, and claims they aren't making a profit at the price but the publicity was worth it.

anrajala 02-05-2004 12:47 AM

Re: Basically true

Thanks for the tip - I will attempt exactly the same. How did you attach them, did you put bolts through? Did you use mild steel or some hard one?

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 02-05-2004 01:30 AM

Best thing would be to buy one and take it to Europe. This thingie would stop the traffic in any town or village. My estimation is you'd have 300 million instant friends, plus as an extra bonus 300 million women would be willing to give you some.

Rune is US-only model and European Union has taken a very dim view on type approval. No official importers can get plates on it. But of course if any yankee would take one over in US plates there is no stopping him.

- cruiz-euro

paul_from_Minnesota 02-05-2004 02:28 AM

Isn't the truely amazing thing that Honda, yes Honda built this thing? They proved they aren't just a stick in the mud stalwart. They actually do have a creative side.

In person, I felt it wasn't as bad as the pictures. Would I own one? No. There are far more efficient uses of my cash.

There is one on a local showroom floor. Has been there for months. I am sure it will go for the $25, 000 they are asking for it.

paul from Minnesota

electraglider_1997 02-05-2004 05:03 AM

Efficient use of money

Put your money in Berkshire Hathaway. Now that is money put to good use.

electraglider_1997 02-05-2004 05:06 AM

Tenet wants to keep his job

No matter what they told the administration our good ole Bush was itching to pull the trigger on Iraq. Tenet is keeping his job only because Bush doesn't want the truth to come out and you can bet your bottom dollar that he'd tell it like it is if Bush canned him.

rock06r 02-05-2004 05:48 AM

Ford quality

You know, better be careful about who you call "quality" these days. Ford is about the bottom of the pile as far as domestic quality goes. I mean, they are losing money hand over fist and revamped their corporate structure. They are still trying to figure out what the problems in manufacturing are. Just because a couple of their high-end models end up on every front page of car magazines doesn't mean that their quality has anything to do with it.

Go Jap, then you don't have to worry about quality - and yes, I got duped into a chevy truck this last time I bought new, and believe me friends, unless things change DRAMATICALLY it will be the last "domestic" this rider purchased.

rock06r 02-05-2004 05:54 AM

Do some math

you know, for that much money you can get a decent low end car, and a pretty good new middleweight bike (600 cc or so). Why burn 26k on an impractical car that is out of place on the American road??

TatdNPrcd 02-05-2004 05:56 AM

Re: Basically true

I hope it works for you.

I don't know what you mean by mild or hard steel. Sorry about that but it's a heavy gauge steel I had in the garage. Since I only touch down the rear corner of the board I fitted a short piece to that part of the board and bolted it on. I have a riding buddy who runs an industrial iron and steel shop so he helped with the shaping and cutting. They look like s h i t but they do what I need 'em to.

TatdNPrcd 02-05-2004 06:22 AM

Re: Cajones

You guys are both twisted. :-D