Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 02-03-2004, 08:19 PM   #51
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Do I have to explain everthing to you MOrons

The RUNE is like the new Ford GT. It's a conversation piece for Honda. It says we can build a big bad stylish cruiser and you MOrons will come into the dealership to look at it. I am sure they look at it as a marketing thing. Put in the TV ads they say. On the Web site. If we sell a few cool if not no big deal. We are Hond the most successful Motorcycle company in the history of the world.

Hey the deserve the right to pound on their chest.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2004, 09:02 PM   #52
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Rune Sales

Your website "Threesomeswhileriding.com" I assume that is chain gang circle jerk thing right. I always heard you silver spoon guys stuck together like spoons in my mamas silverware chest.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:20 AM   #53
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Basically true

>There’s nothing more entertaining than

>laying down a nice display of sparks while

>out cornering some straight line wannabe

Well, sounds nice but can't do that on my H-D's chrome plated mild steel tinny rubbish Korean quality foodrests. They sound and feel like dragging an empty can on the tarmac.

In contrast, my previous Yammie Royal had proper solid aluminium pads with steel inlays for the spark effect.

There are many good qualities in a 2002 Fatso, for example ride is just 100% super excellent (whether the sports riders believe or not).

However there are some small things that really get on my nerves. Don't let me start about the hyper un-userfriendly saddle construction designed apparently by some particularly hapless MBA summer trainee. I am generally against the capital punishment but I must make an exception for the sad pervert who is responsible for this outrage.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:34 AM   #54
SRMark
Founding Member

Just look at your stack of year-old-or-less magazines. It seems as if they all have a Rune on the cover. Hard to buy that kind of advertising. It was all Honda, Honda, Honda for months on end. I don't like cruiser bikes but I did read all of the articles. You see, magazines have staying power and readers tend to read them over and over and then share them with a few others around the house. If this bike is a flop, it still has been a marketing masterpiece.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:54 AM   #55
dozer71
Founding Member

i just bought 2 runes. one for me and one for my uncle. it's a great attention getter and is a pretty fun bike to cruise. if i want to ride fast i'll go with my '04r6. I am really waiting to buy the new honda cbr 1000, yamaha r1, and kawasaki zx10. It's going to be a fun year!
dozer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:13 AM   #56
electraglider_1997
Founding Member

Default Prius

My new Prius is pretty cool. ULEV and PZEV emissions rating. I notice that when the engine runs in the garage I never smell the exaust like I do with my bikes or other vehicles. Usually the engine just shuts off by itself unless the computer calls for the batteries to be charged. Of course the POWER button must be pushed on for the engine to ever come on. The headlights automatically switch off when the driver's door opens and then come on automatically the next time you use the car.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:20 AM   #57
electraglider_1997
Founding Member

Default 1% better????

More like 1/10 of 1%. In fact, unless you are capable of using even 1/2 of the handling and/or power of these superbikes then you might as well buy a 10 year old used crotch rocket for pennies on the dollar. Even then most would be on bikes that are more than they can handle.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:27 AM   #58
electraglider_1997
Founding Member

I personally think the Rune is pretty neat in the fact that Honda had the cajones to actually make it. Not my sort of ride but to those it does appeal to I'm sure they'll enjoy it. Every once in awhile something different comes along to shake things up.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:08 AM   #59
anrajala
Founding Member

How would Honda's posession of cajones, the percussion instrument used in flamenco, help build motorcycles?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:33 AM   #60
rock06r
Founding Member

Our local dealer had it in the showroom for about 2 weeks, then someone walked in with a wad of cash.

Also, I never saw any of them on ebay....? On Harley V-rods, esp the 100 year edition, there were "presales" where people were selling the right to take their preordered bike - some were selling for as much as two grand (that doesn't include the price of the bike yet). Anyone see any on ebay?
rock06r is offline   Reply With Quote