Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 02-03-2004, 02:43 PM   #41
rickrwh
Founding Member

Default Re: Rune Sales

Chapparal in San Bernadino,CA had (have?) 2 Runes on their floor for a while. Not 6 weeks ago they were marked for $32,000 and change including the $3,000 dealer markup that they had the balls to put on the tags. About 10 days ago I was in their shop and they're both marked down to 24 something. I guess people aren't beating down the doors to buy these things.
rickrwh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2004, 02:44 PM   #42
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: What he said!

It was three or four years ago; i know it was not a sportster. In looking at Harleys site, it was definitely a Dyna 'class' bike. I couldn't tell you if it was the Low Rider, Super Glide, or Low Rider though.

Hey, I am 30 and riding a Wing...you should hear the ***** i get from my riding buddies!
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #43
westcork
Founding Member

That's not such a bad idea. I can think of several Hondas I would consider buying if only they had a few upgrades. Like better suspension, brakes, etc. It might do Honda some good to introduce an Acura-esque lineup of streetbikes. Rebranding did wonders when the Japanese auto manufacturers wanted to make a break from their sub-compact legacy.
westcork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:48 PM   #44
nbyers
Registered Member

I don't know how much this affects a bike like the Rune, but January (ok, it's February now) is traditionally a lousy time for bike sales.

If you live in, say, Michigan, it must be a pretty uninspiring time to buck up for a new bike. Have to leave it in the garage until April.

nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:11 PM   #45
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Basically true

If Bush was a rider [b]His nick name would be AWOL[b]
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #46
v-rodder
Registered Member

Well I just checked cycletrader.com and one dealer has a Rune for sale at $21K just to start off with other ads nearly as cheap. I've seen one sell for $19,995 on eBay. So the prices are going south. Some dealers are doing great while others are willing to give them away. I think some of this has to do with prestige. Let's face facts the Rune is a prestige bike, and it's hard to feel the prestige when the guy behind you is looking at buying a new lawn mower. As customs go, the Rune is quite well done. Unlike the upper twenty grand CVO Screaming Eagle Road King, you will be hard pressed to find a weld seam on the bike. I think Ray Charles does the neck welding on all of Harley's FLH's. The Rune definitely drips Amercian Hot Rod from one end to the other. I know why Honda chose their 6cyc for the Rune, but I think a variation of the VTX motor might have served them better. It would have made it more acceptable in the Custom Cruiser Market, and it would have given the VTX line the shot in the arm it needs to compete with the Road Star and Vulcan Lines.
v-rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #47
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: MFI in Woodbridge, VA was selling two of them for around 23K when I was in DC

And I with my TR-6 while doing a ring job in a parking lot so that I could get home from the grocery store with only the spare quarts of oil the trunk would hold.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:48 PM   #48
gatling
Founding Member

Guys, that is one seriously ugly motorcycle.

Joe Berk

www.joeberkphotography.com

gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:06 PM   #49
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Mini Cooper = Next PT Cruiser (fool)

"I bought a Mini Cooper for around $26,000.00" A fool and his money are soon parted. That car will cost 15,000 in two years new. Its the next PT Cruiser. People were paying ri****alous prices for then, now you can pick them up for peanuts at Billy Bob's Dodge dealer. I visited England last summer and folks laughed at Americans buying them for that about of money

LOL
Old 02-03-2004, 08:10 PM   #50
KPaulCook
Banned

Mini Cooper is way over rated. Next PT Cruiser.

Altima good car. Range Rover = overated buy a Land Cruiser. Jag S = Ford Volvo= Ford 350 Z = Looks like the Audi Sport Coupe.

RX-8 is great. I had an RX-7 with a turbo. Spent a night in Jail once going too fast with it in Utah. Psst Don't tell serasuwa, longride .