Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 10-01-2003, 02:51 AM   #31
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Recalls Goldwing 1800s

You stupid phuck! The problem with this frame cross member is that the aluminum can crack due to the metal being fatigued by the heat cycling from the nearby catalytic converter. If I'm not mistaken, the GL1800 was designed in Japan. This is obviously a design flaw, not a construction flaw. If you think it's so damn good in Japan, then you should live there, A$$hole.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2003, 03:02 AM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

99% of Buells problems were when Eric had his own company. That was who owned the company. Harley supplied the motors and Eric supplied the problems. I guess you simply couldn't figure that out. What is wrong with the new Buells designed and built by Harley? Give all your examples. Lawsuits are dime a doz son. So four guys sue Harley and that's news, and is supposed to prove what? Did they win? Yes, Honda dragged their feet and is making their product look bad. Just look at how the new Wings are selling. You aren't a blinded Honda follower. You are just blinded. I knew about Honda Wing problems LOOOOOONG before MCN said a word about em. I posted them here a long time ago and was told by other "wingers for life" that I was full of *****. Well I guess I wasn't. Now please name the current Harley's that have quality control issues, becuase even your famed lawsuit reference is for 5 year old machines.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:04 AM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: A Very Scary Solution...to Say the Least

Maybe I can get 4 guys to sue Honda and we can call it "front page news", or "this proves Honda sucks"? Ok, I was teasing.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:00 AM   #34
lukam
Founding Member

First the rice rocket crowd gets all upset at CBS now the Gold Wingers are having to defend the soooo reliable cars on two wheels,

I will say it again, damn its fun to see the other worms squirm.....

Laugh my a$$ off......
lukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:06 AM   #35
F451
Founding Member

You are correct and this problem is far more complicated than simply abandoning a dealer with trying to locate a qualified, certified welder to do the work. In fact, if I were a dealer I would demand that Honda locate and retain the welder under contract (and yes Honda should have a legal contract) DIRECTLY with Honda and NOT through the dealership.

This is so irresponsible of Honda it makes me want to puke. It is HONDA that should be taking care of this mess--DIRECTLY. Once again Honda saddles the dealer with another of their screw-ups. You can bet this will not make the dealers' happy! Dealers' should stop selling Wings; send all remaining inventory BACK to Honda; wait until the Wing's major problems are fixed until they resume selling them again OR do not sell them at all.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:12 AM   #36
F451
Founding Member

This issue is not about reliablity...it is about life/safety. There is a chasm of difference. And yes the Wingers' have a right to be mad as hell. So keep laughing as a Wing inadvertently swerves into your ride and takes you out. Laugh, laugh, laugh.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:15 AM   #37
Winger4Life
Founding Member

try this link: http://recalls.justia.com/scripts/se...Search+Recalls

LOL! Yep, there are no Harley recalls!!!

No manufacturer is without problems. Honda, and even Toyota has defects.

How about some examples on your end? Where are some numbers on the 2004 Gold Wings sold? Where are links to your inside knowledge of Wing problems before anyone else had them?
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:24 AM   #38
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Several things need correction here...

It does not fatigue from heat from the catalytic converter. The weld was not done properly at the factory in Ohio. Take a look at the boards at www.gwrra.org

Yes, the GL1800 was designed in Japan as there are no capable modern motorcycle designers in America. Buell is a joke. Porsche made the VRod engine.

The Japanese know how to mass produce cars, engines, and motorcycles better than anyone in the world. That is a fact.

Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:05 AM   #39
lukam
Founding Member

Oh so when it is a Honda recall it is about life and safety and the rice riders get real serious.... whoooo don't scare me too much.

Listen you dip$hit EVERY recall is about safety that is why the government requires it. No manufacturer recalls a motorcycle on the basis of reliability.....only if the bike has a chance of injuring someone.

To listen to you morons tell it Hondas never break down you worship the company with rose colored glasses. I will NEVER buy a Honda, only bike I have known to seize an engine. 50 miles from no where in the mountains. All the guy kept saying is how reliable Hondas are as he was leaving the bike to rot on the side of the trial. 1989 XR250 only 6 months old. Listen you can paint a piece of $hit any color and it will still smell like $hit. at least most 2-stroke dirt bikes (yes japanese) and Harleys can be worked on when something happens. Hondas are junk once they go bad in my opinion especially their 4-stroke dirt bikes and street bikes. JMHO
lukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:16 AM   #40
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Classic example of more bullshyt. Yeah like "Amreicana Stinger Graphics" and "Front Fender Light Clips" are HUGE problems. The Wing is overheating and breaking the frames. I wonder which one is worse?? LOL As to my "inside knowledge", it wasn't all that inside. I owned a 1996 Wing and was on every Wing mailing list for years. My "knowledge" came from dealers, riders and my own experience with the new machine. That's called "real" knowledege. Hell, all you needed to do was go to any message board about Wings to find out the problems they had. Even you could STILL do that. I don't need to do your homework for you. After all, you are a "winger 4 life" LOL. It's suprising how little you know about your own machine and even less about Harley's. New model Wing's are selling at about half of their former numbers. Reasons:

1. Too expensive.

2. Quality control issues.

3. Went in the wrong direction with the bike.

See, I put over 80,000 on my old Wing, and when it came time to look new, I bought a Harley. I knew lots of Wingers, and not one of them bought the new model. They went BMW or Harley for their fix. Honda bodged the Wing in my opinion. As a former Wing rider, I was dissappointed in their "new" design. I wanted Updated styling with better gas mileage and tank capacity, more storage space, and more adjustability in rider accomidations. What I got was smaller luggage capacity, worse mileage, cramped rider accomdations, engine overheating problems, frame breakage, and a 3000 price increase. Oh, it was faster and supposedly handled better. Oh boy. Maybe you blindly follow a brand, but I actually compare and choose. If and when they fix the Wings, I may own another one. Until then, you can Beta test them for me.