Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 09-30-2003, 03:24 PM   #21
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: It's Bush's fault

???

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Please explain.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2003, 03:35 PM   #22
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: It's Bush's fault

What do you for a living? Unless you are in an industry or profession that can not be offshored you will be affected in some way . Are you a lawyer? If so your fees will have to come down because folks now make less. If you are a doctor folks can't afford your services. If you are an engineer you will have trouble finding work because manufacturing has moved offshore. This current phase of offshoring is not the classic low wage jobs.

See Safe jobs
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 03:49 PM   #23
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Recalls Goldwing 1800s

Yeah, LOL, *****... there NEVER was a recall at Harley Davidson.
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 04:46 PM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Why don't you tell us about the "common quality control problems" at Harley. Give at least 3 examples. What "silent recalls" have they done? I can't think of any, and I rode Harley's since 1980. Since the new Wing has had known overheating and frame breakage problems for quite some time, I'm suprised you would mention Harley at all. After all you are a winger 4 life and really don't know ***** about Harley, am I right? I'm always up for a education from someone that talks out their ass.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:28 PM   #25
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default It's Not Bush's fault, It's Your Fault

Ah, such a germaine comment regarding the recall of a bike. Hmm.

First, there is much more at work here than simply the policies of the President (i.e., economics). This comment (above) is so blatantly political and ignorant that it doesn't deserve any publication, let alone on a web site devoted to motorcycle enthusiasts. And, furthermore, anyone who believes that everything that goes wrong is directly caused by the sitting President (be he/she Democrat or Republican) needs some serious help. I'd recommend, at the very least, classes on Civics, Government, Economics, Law and Business Management.

Finally, and most importantly KPaul, please, please, refrain from posting political comments (especially those that have nothing to do with the topic at hand). I want to read about Bikes, and not comments either criticizing or recommending some politician based on facts that have NOTHING TO DO WITH BIKES!

If you feel that importantly about politics, by all means, get involved. But, please, not on this forum. This is Motorcycle.com, and not I-Hate-George-Bush.com.

donalcallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 05:48 PM   #26
F451
Founding Member

Default A Very Scary Solution...to Say the Least

Now does anyone who owns a Wing want someone--a third party to boot--working on their Wing? After said welder has performed said work and your Wing is once again clad, just how much other damage was done to your Wing that you will never see until it's too late and then you have to run the gauntlet of "pass-the-buck" because a third party did the work. How many Honda shops, that you know of, really have staff who even understands the fine art of welding properly and who can discern whether said welder performed said work correctly? If there are indeed frame stress cracks, does this not alter other frame geometry that can potentially lead to life threatening situations with you and a passenger? Is the Wing then placed on a frame machine to properly check the Wing's frame? I seriously doubt it! This is one MAJOR F-Up by Honda and this solution is utter crap to say the least. Honda is losing its touch and its been in the works for some years now.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 06:08 PM   #27
rider_md
Founding Member

buell engines are made by what company?

i had a tuber frame... loved it, except for the little things that went wrong.

check the archives at www.sacborg.com or even www.badweatherbikers.com

my few PERSONAL experiences with < 8k on the odometer, prior to selling:

- shock recall. ughghghhghghghg.

- front muffler mount weld cracked... twice.

- front header bolts popped off while riding.

- oil breather screws coming loose every once inawhile

- oil leak, secondary to shi.tty paper gaskets.

*this one was common with the sister bike, 1203 sportster, that is until harley finally bit the bullet and went with metal gaskets* why should i buy a catch can?

true, the individual you rip on shouldn't have brought up harleys in the first place... not very appropriate IMHO... but don't tell me harley products are without quality control issues, because that's plain absurd.

buell motor company is owned by who?

"but those are buells... those aren't harleys..."

FINE, lets talk about harleys and lawsuits shall we? what about this one?

http://www.vehicle-injuries.com/harl...ine-defect.htm

DEAR MOTHER OF GAWD!!!!

as ive pointed out below in a separate posting, even honda has their own product problems too: most every flagship bike in their product line these last few years have had one or two significant issues potentially needing correction: goldwing, st1300, and my own vfr. and don't tell my virgin ears that honda is dragging their feet on this... because i know... THEY WERE. i kept abreast on this issue because i have a subscription to motorcycle consumer news.

so please don't tell me that im just a blinded honda follower, because that doesn't really fly either as shown by the above admissions.

g'day.
rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 06:14 PM   #28
rider_md
Founding Member

Default Re: A Very Scary Solution...to Say the Least

i'd be pissed off to say the very least.

i'd want a new frame. period. no exceptions.

im not a lawyer, but i wonder if that could be argued for in a courtroom?

lesson learned IMHO?

never buy 1st year out models... wait at LEAST until the 2nd year they're out... that seems to be the consistent message when looking at EVERY SINGLE CAR AND MOTORCYCLE MAKER ON THE FU.CKING PLANET, not to mention manufacturer in general. (Sony PS2 first batch...remember those?)

AKFLKJAFLKFJ:A#$*&)*SA*&)D*D&0aSD*!!!!!

rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 07:15 PM   #29
veepster
Registered Member

Default Re: It's Not Bush's fault, It's Your Fault

Well stated. Thank You.

Ride Safe...veepster
veepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 07:55 PM   #30
veepster
Registered Member

I'm really curious to see the instructions for the repair. It would interest me to know to what steps have been specified to ensure weld integrity.

Many potential problems came immediately to mind after reading the first post, among them are...

1. How is the area to be prepared?

2. What kind of filler material?

3. Which TIG process? (there are many)

4. What about stress relieving?

Personally, I would insist that the area be checked by dye-penetrant inspection or some other Non-Destructive Test (NDT) for cracks BEFORE the repair is performed.

The consequences of a bad repair are too scary to think about. Many years of aircraft maintenance, repair and inspection have taught me to scrutinize EVERYTHING.

Just my $.02

ride safe and crack-free...veepster
veepster is offline   Reply With Quote