Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 10-01-2003, 05:43 PM   #111
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default Re: Point 3

How much Bush is responsible for the loss of jobs is very debatable. I was laid off because my company cooked the books trying to maintain stock prices that did not match reality. From Clark, I see beliefs but I don't see plans. He'll fix this how, exactly? Any President cannot make his visions and beliefs reality without a 'big' majority (simple majorities aren't enough) in both the House and Senate.
donalcallis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2003, 06:06 PM   #112
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default Re: Point 4

I see a belief and a vision, but no plan. How will he accomplish this? What will he do if he doesn't have a majority in both the House and Senate? One of the things that irks me is when people complain that Bush didn't get complete UN support for Iraq, but yet they refuse to say what "they" would have done to secure complete support. What do you give up to a country that says that they will not support ANY action, regardless of terms, to get their support? And, at which point do you place the concerns of another country over your own?

I don't want to hear that this or that is wrong, and you'll fix that. I want to hear how "exactly" you're gonna fix that. Ya know, what are you going to give up to get what you want? What kind of compromises will you be willing to make. I can run for President saying that I'll balance the budget, but if the House and Senate don't agree with me, how can I actually do what I said I would? Simple mathematics combined with the current government model dictates that a simple majority in the House and Senate isn't enough to do whatever you want to do.

So, when a politician like Dean or Clark speaks, I don't want a vision - I want to know how exactly you will accomplish what you say you will, especially if you don't have "vast" control over both the House and Senate. And, when it comes to dealing with other countries (i.e., France), what would you have sacrificed to them to get their support - and why that sacrifice was worth it. If you want total international support, you need to give something to everyone. What would you give? And, when do you say "no"? And, if they don't agree, do you say "no", and not do what you think is best for this country?

I've seen a lot of people complain that Bush didn't get total support for Iraq, but I have yet to see any of the complainers spell out what they would have been willing to give up to get that support. I see myself as a realist - and you don't get something for nothing. What would Germany, France and Russia wanted for supporting the war with Iraq, and would that price be worth it? You and me, we'll never know. Actually, I'm glad that decision wasn't mine to make. But, I totally detest someone saying we should have gotten complete international support without telling us what price they would have paid to get that support.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:17 PM   #113
grover750
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Recalls Goldwing 1800s

True, I'd pull off if it got to the red. But, that still doesn't answer my question.

Here's what I'm getting at: I hear this is a very widespread problem, happens anytime you're going a certain slow speed, and the fans are pushing air out, producing the same pressure as the air coming in, no flow, minimal cooling. Now, I always try to watch my temp, but sometimes I'm too busy watching traffic or changing a tape in my tape player, or getting a drink, or checking out the MILF in the next lane, etc. Wing riders have lots of toys, lots of guages. SOMEONE out there has had to tool along in stop and go on thier 18 in the last 3 or so years this bike has been out, with the gauge in the red. Has ANYONE heard of an engine being damaged due to the overheating? ANYONE?

As for my '78, I have no idea why many owners put a voltage meter on theirs. Measuring what? I'm not following you here, longride. Please explain.
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 04:12 AM   #114
Winger4Life
Founding Member

No
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:10 AM   #115
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I don't get what YOU are getting at. So the overheating isn't a problem because someone never heard of engine damage? And if they did hear of one then it is a problem? There are lots of Wingers complaining the bike runs hotter than normal all the time. Would that be a problem if you just spent 18 grand? It sure as hell would be for me. I know you are trying to defend the indefensable, and trying very hard. The engineering sucks on this machine. It is supposed to be the flagship of Honda. If this is the flaghip, it just sunk. As for the voltage meter, Godwings were notorious for burning the alternators and related connections out for years. It was especially bad on the 1200 models which also fried voltage regulators with consistency, and even the 1500's had problems with alternators frying quickly. Many Wing guys put the volt meters on to get a handle on this problem. Check out the aftermarket heavy duty alternator kits available. Honda could have updated the thing but didn't. I can say this. The 1500 GoldWing was a much better machine than the new one.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:35 AM   #116
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Now you are smoking something

"Sure, Clinton did a great job with the economy. An economy that grew so fast - based on false corporate financial reports - that it couldn't be sustained. Who cares if the financial reports are falsified as long as it makes the economy grow?"

How many real jobs were added to the U.S. economy during the Clinton Admin.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:41 AM   #117
KPaulCook
Banned

Default 16 Questions for Bush

16 Questions
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:19 AM   #118
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default Re: Now you are smoking something

And how many of those new jobs have since been terminated (by companies like WorldCom and Enron) because those companies could not sustain their lies?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #119
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default Re: 16 Questions for Bush

ROTFLMAO. Some of those questions show me that he's a petty politican that lacks the understanding of how our government, military and intelligence agencies function. Such a shame, too, especially considering that he's supposed to be a leading candidate for our next President.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:27 PM   #120
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: It's Not Bush's fault, It's Your Fault

Just a friendly warning. You are in danger of being sucked into KPaulKook's Black Hole of Circular Logic.

Last month he claimed to be a republican.

Before that he's claimed to be an ex-military officer.

You will only go crazy if you try to argue with him as so many here have learned. The best policy is to completely ignore him.

An example of his stupidity is his insistence in dogging me with stupid posts about Bush. He is too insane to recognize that I have never defended Bush, I have only pointed out the uttter hypocrisy of people who criticize Bush while they make excuses for democrats who commit identical acts. But the idea that there could be more views about issues of freedom and politics than the democrat or republican view (which aren't really all that different) is way above what passes for his head.

Best ignore Kook. Don't even read his posts to you. It's safer that way.