Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 10-01-2003, 03:33 PM   #101
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Point 1. The buck stops here. Your facts are wrong

Bush is president. His people lied, exposed CIA agents and overstated the case for Iraq. The attacks were made by Saudi nationals not Iraqis. Bin Laden is not Sadam. Have we captured Bin Laden? Did we complete the job in Afghanistan? Sadam was contained by 2 no fly zones.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2003, 03:40 PM   #102
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Point 2. Econ 101 Why deficits are bad?

Do you remember the Gulf of Tokin Resolution? The Vietnam war? Those deficits started a decade of more pain. Do you remember the miser index rate = infation rate + unemployment rate + interest rate of the 70s? Deficits crowd out private investment. Why would you invest in IBM corporate bonds if you can get risk free U.S. T Bills? Of course we can print money? inflation ding dong.

What does inflation do to retirees on fixed income? The Clinton administration balance the budge created a large surplus. I am a fiscal conservative and I can't support this deficit thing.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:46 PM   #103
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Its not too late for you to change your mind like Gen Clark!

"A man has to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood. I admire that. Hey I am a lifelong Replublican but I can't support this war and/or the deficits. See http://www.clark04.com/ Clark changed his mind.

Old 10-01-2003, 03:50 PM   #104
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Point 3

http://www.clark04.com/press/release/004/
Old 10-01-2003, 03:53 PM   #105
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Point 4

http://www.clark04.com/vision/
Old 10-01-2003, 03:54 PM   #106
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda Recalls Goldwing 1800s

Then why don't we see any Buells in MotoGP?
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 03:54 PM   #107
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default Re: Point 1. The buck stops here. Your facts are wrong

Life must be so great when things are so simple.

Sure, let us make everyone happy and do whatever the UN says. Who cares that the UN is comprised of countries that are led by dictators who abuse and kill their own people. Who cares, at least, we'll be liked! Being liked is so much more important than standing up for those oppressed!

Overstated the case for Iraq? On WMD, maybe. But, how many mass graves have to be found before you become indignant? Or, does a mass grave have to contain a member of your family before you become upset?

Exposing leaks of classified information? Despicable. Anyone who does that should be dealt with. Of course, that applies to people that aren't Bush's "people" (i.e., non-Republicans). Do you even see the similarities? Do really believe that a leak from the Bush administration is "worse" than a leak from Clinton's? All leaks are bad. In the most recent case, shouldn't you wait to see who actually did the leaking before you blame Bush? Or, is that point not important to you?

Iraqi's? Most I've met are "good people". Did they "do 9/11?" Probably not. Did the government of Iraq support terrorism? You are blind if you think otherwise. Simple proof is the highly publicized (by the Iraqi Government, no less) of the financial support for suicide bombers in Israel.

Captured Bin Laden? That fact is relevant how? You think Gore, or you, would have personally captured him by now? How so? I'm a career Soldier, and I want to know how you would have captured him by now. What is the military doing wrong? And, how does this relate to Bush? AND, how does this relate to motorcycles?

Contained by No Fly Zones? It didn't contain him from committing mass murder against his own people. But, I guess, since those victims weren't Americans, you just don't care.
donalcallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 03:59 PM   #108
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Thanks donalcallis for agruing intelligently I enjoyed it

Your are right about the displaced worker theme but the Crisis his here and happening rapidly. What do you suggest us Gen Xers do?

We are losing Manufacturing jobs at a record rate?

"At this rate, "in five and a half years we will have zero manufacturing jobs in America," said Richard Dauch, incoming chairman of the National Association of Manufacturers " See

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/030912/manuf...midwest_1.html

and

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/030930/bizfe...cturing_1.html

Old 10-01-2003, 04:07 PM   #109
KPaulCook
Banned

Default By the way I took the day off today

Between working an a engineer, family and getting my masters I was bushed and I took a day off. Got bored got on MO. Back to work tomorrow. I usually check in at lunch to MO.

Thanks for the thought provoking exchange.

Old 10-01-2003, 04:08 PM   #110
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default Re: Point 2. Econ 101 Why deficits are bad?

Sure, deficits aren't a good thing. But, the recession and down-turn in the Economy started in the 90's due to the importance that Corporations (and all of us idiots who invested in these companies) on the price of a stock in a given company. The stock price became so important that companies began cooking books. I know, because I was in one of those companies and was personally 'hurt' (and, fortunately, those people are now being prosecuted). Bush wasn't President when this started, but you blame him for the results of that. Get past politics and personalities, and maybe you'll finally see the light.

Is it Bush's fault that we were attacked on 9/11? Sure, he could've acted the same way other presidents acted, and done nothing. He stood up for this country, and fought back, unlike certain other Presidents. Is there a price to pay that - you betcha! Obviously, you'd rather roll over than stand up.

Sure, Clinton did a great job with the economy. An economy that grew so fast - based on false corporate financial reports - that it couldn't be sustained. Who cares if the financial reports are falsified as long as it makes the economy grow?
donalcallis is offline   Reply With Quote