Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Honda News

Old 09-11-2003, 07:36 AM   #21
The_People
Founding Member

Default Re: CBR1000RR Intro

That's one ugly-a$$ motorcycle.

-The People

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2003, 07:36 AM   #22
wrecks
Founding Member

"never overestimate the intelligence of the American consumer"

What about guys who have 600's and 750's and are ready for something faster but don't know what to get?
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:40 AM   #23
kawazuki
Founding Member

I'm sure it's very technically cool, but I'm sure it'll still give me hip cramps in the first 1/10th mile.

And I agree about the paint. They didn't even do the flat black right, and make the whole bike that color. 'Moonstone silver metallic'? I guess the paint scheme at least has the advantage of making you feel really good about painting your new motorcycle flat black the day you bring it home.

I guess I still need to build my own sportbike if I want one that'll fit. I swear I don't know how my 'big' brother (an inch shorter and 20 lbs lighter) rides his RC51. Maybe I'll build a sportbike out of my Warrior.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:46 AM   #24
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Buy a used CBR900RR. The cool factor is off the chart and it will be plenty fast for you, wrecks.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:46 AM   #25
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Re: Fugly paint...

I agree. An all red CBR would be awesome. The best looking CBR900 ever made was their all red version. Who the hell came up with this flat black crap anyway? If I wanted a primer color, I'd go to a junk yard and latch onto a defunct Pinto, Vega, or Yugo.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:48 AM   #26
johnnyb
Founding Member

Wow, so the thing we saw last week was not a bodged-up Photoshop deal after all. Funny it still looks like one in the flesh. Have I seen a production bike before with a silver swingarm and a black frame? Not that i can remember. Lower front fairing makes it look really heavy to my eyeballs but probably really good aero-wise? Given the sudden engine oversquareness of this thing and the R1 and ZX10 and the hp claims, I think you'll experience a significant performance increase this year even compared to gsxr1000... nuthin ho-hum about it.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:51 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

The reason that the Honda gets the nod as the best, even though it is slower is more due to Honda's huge advertising budget that the mags depend on than any mysterious power to make a poorer performing bike "better" than the faster ones.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:03 AM   #28
MaxAlien
Registered Member

Default Re: CBR1000RR is nice but...

I agree! The CBF250 is one sharp-looking little puppy. Beautiful lines everywhere, especially around the tank, and check out that instrument panel. Large, easily read dials, with bright idiot lights, plus an LCD with a clock, a tripmeter and a fuel gauge. Shoot... I have a BMW R1150R, and I'd be thrilled to add this little guy to the stable for running around town.

Hey Honda N.A.! Throw out the Nighthawk 250, that bike has run its course and then some. Import the CBF250, and I'll buy a silver one in a heartbeat!

MaxAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 08:05 AM   #29
wrecks
Founding Member

That's horse*****. Look at the lap-times. A superior chassis that is more rider-friendly can overcome a horsepower deficiency. Also think about torque-curves.... No use having an extra 20 horsepower if you can't put it to the ground.

Old 09-11-2003, 08:07 AM   #30
wrecks
Founding Member

I really should be working